Kawasaki World banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Why do some forum members (not only here, this happens in all forums, worst is Facebook groups, in those groups the stupid really thrive) have a almost sick need to shit on people when they upgrade from stock parts. Like in this case about what calipers to use...

If some of you feel the OEM Tokico 6 pot calipers are enough for you, that's ok and good for you... BUT just F%ck off and don't feel the need to post in threads where others want to make their bikes better by using better/higher quality parts available on the market! Why the F..K do you people even have to question this and start posting "-Well I don't understand why you need..etc.. etc..." that's because you are stupid, sorry to say that, but that's just how it is... and if you are so damn stupid or/and hardheaded that you don't think anything can be made better just GFY!!! I am NOT spending your money or your time, so again -Just F..K OFF! Like Jesus Christ, some of you people must have been dropped on your heads not only once as a child, but several times....

And "Jpowell490" take your bike to the track and ride around at high speeds with those rebuilt but still shitty 6 pots for 20 minutes, then IF by some miracle you haven't crashed and someone will let you try out their 12 with upgraded brakes, you will, if you are not to stupid, understand why people wan't to upgrade the calipers to better ones... Then again I guess your come back will be "but you don't need them on the street, a race track is different..." It's on the streets you really do need the best brakes available you retard..

Ooh and you are probably riding around with OEM suspension parts on your bike? Another question for you - Do you also feel that upgrading the OEM suspension parts is stupid and not worth the money spent???

I really, from the bottom of my heart, hope that someday you will be able to go out for a ride on a 12 with upgraded brakes and suspension so you could actually feel how much better the upgrades makes the bike. So there is still hope for you.. unless you are one of those that also think the tire pressure has to be 42Psi....

/Tom >:)

Ps. Sadly this quote does make me loose some of the hope I had in you...
So keep putting junk on a zx12r and tell yourself that makes you a better rider
To answer this -Yes, the upgrades will make you a better rider. The better the bike handles, the better you will be at riding it because of the confidence those upgrade parts give you. It's like riding around on a bike with old and worn out tires, don't tell me that you don't feel a massive difference and confidence boost when you put new tires on the bike.. Same thing with upgrading brakes and suspension parts... Now this is not to difficult to understand now is it? Ooh and by the way "Jpowell490" if you feel the 12 is as good as it will ever get in OEM form, then why have you posted a thread not long ago asking about a Muzzy timing advancer? Isn't that an performance upgrade too??? You...
Trailer park pussies.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mefirst, before you call someone stupid, I believe you need to learn to spell first. I can't even read that jibberish.

For those of that are taking offense to this post and getting all bent out of shape, I am baffled seriously. So someone asks you a question and you lose your mind about it? If you ever become a productive member of society, it will be hell for you.

A timing advancer gets rid of the factory retard of the timing. A performance enhancer, sure. Changing the whole geometry of a bike by putting parts on it that weren't meant for it? Now that's another story.

For the record. I am not a broke bum like most of you. If I wanted to race at the track, I would go by a new liter bike, or two, and go first class.

Drp, appreciate the normal response. That's all I was looking for to begin with. Oh and in closing, it's easy to say "fuck you" to a man when you are in another country. Try that standing in front of me. You would be lucky to still be able to look at your 10 year old cell phone.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hi all,

I got a brand new set of 108mm Brembo Monobloc callipers from a 2018 GSXR 1000. I also bought a brand new set of 2006 ZX12R radial fork bottoms.
Just wanting to know which MC is best? (Assuming brembo is the way to go)
And also where is best to get the 10mm adapters and longer callipers bolts?

I’m based in the UK

Thanks
Did you get an answer yet? :popcorn:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mefirst, before you call someone stupid, I believe you need to learn to spell first. I can't even read that jibberish.

For those of that are taking offense to this post and getting all bent out of shape, I am baffled seriously. So someone asks you a question and you lose your mind about it? If you ever become a productive member of society, it will be hell for you.

A timing advancer gets rid of the factory retard of the timing. A performance enhancer, sure. Changing the whole geometry of a bike by putting parts on it that weren't meant for it? Now that's another story.

For the record. I am not a broke bum like most of you. If I wanted to race at the track, I would go by a new liter bike, or two, and go first class.

Drp, appreciate the normal response. That's all I was looking for to begin with. Oh and in closing, it's easy to say "fuck you" to a man when you are in another country. Try that standing in front of me. You would be lucky to still be able to look at your 10 year old cell phone.
-This post of yours is just -Wow.... and now you are threatening with violence, how mature of you... Well if it makes you feel any better -Thank you for explaining the timing advancer to me,I did not know what it was, I thought is was a cookie. -Who posted anything about changing the geometry of the bike.. Think you have some threads mixed up there? Happy to hear you have money to spend... Ooh and here is another -F..k You!... Oops, sorry I did it again :x and before I forget... -What 10 year old cellphone am I supposed to be looking at? -The one your Mum gave you for your birthday last year for being a good boy?

any way.. Thanks for playing.....

>:)

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Lol, Yea the kiddies don't understand a constructive debate. They think someone took their Xbox away and want to cry. Glad you enjoyed 🙂

·
Registered
626 Posts
-This post of yours is just -Wow.... and now you are threatening with violence, how mature of you... Well if it makes you feel any better -Thank you for explaining the timing advancer to me,I did not know what it was, I thought is was a cookie. -Who posted anything about changing the geometry of the bike.. Think you have some threads mixed up there? Happy to hear you have money to spend... Ooh and here is another -F..k You!... Oops, sorry I did it again :x and before I forget... -What 10 year old cellphone am I supposed to be looking at? -The one your Mum gave you for your birthday last year for being a good boy?

any way.. Thanks for playing.....

>:)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Hi all,

I got a brand new set of 108mm Brembo Monobloc callipers from a 2018 GSXR 1000. I also bought a brand new set of 2006 ZX12R radial fork bottoms.
Just wanting to know which MC is best? (Assuming brembo is the way to go)
And also where is best to get the 10mm adapters and longer callipers bolts?

I’m based in the UK

Thanks
I am running the 05 forks with zx14 calipers and the stock A1 MC for now. Much better feel than stock 6 pots, and don't seem to fade on the long down hill runs like the Dragon or such.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I've got the '04/'05 forks with zx14 '08 calipers and MC on my '00 A1, but I also have Helibar risers so the MC setup works very well.

I have done several track day rides with stock setup and the new nissin set up. My experience is the radial mount calipers with radial MC are superior to stock, showing little fade after 2 days of track riding.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Been a while but thought I’d update the post.

I ended up getting Ti Caliper bolts and spacers, and I decided to try the HEL 19mm MC as it seemed to do what I wanted for the very reasonable price of £199 👍🏽👍🏽

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Been a while but thought I’d update the post.

I ended up getting Ti Caliper bolts and spacers, and I decided to try the HEL 19mm MC as it seemed to do what I wanted for the very reasonable price of £199 👍🏽👍🏽
Any pictures of it installed? It looks pretty good from the pics on their site.

cmg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So far not had a great experience with HEL, ordered on the 8th of December with a 48hr lead time. Still not received the MC, will be ordering the Brembo RCS 19 with matching clutch lever after Christmas and using the HEL MC on my ZXR instead 🙁

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
This thread delivers !

Came to read about upgrading those junk 6 pots that ive rebuilt 3 times when I freshen up the bike this spring and replace my 4th set of fried rotors .. EBC was the last set with matching pads , they are a smoked pulsing mess in less than 1000 miles , last trip to the dragon did em in , stuffing the fat pig into corners at liter bike pace.. 550 pound bikes require a lot of woooooo !

So I'm reading all that only to discover that we have a new board know it all/ZX12 subject matter expert that's owned one for like 7 months !

Nice !!

So any of use guys had any luck with the conversion brackets for the older bikes or do I have to replace my lowers ?

·
Super Moderator
1,241 Posts
My dad has been using the adaptors on his ZZR1200 and ZRX1200 for a while and they're great

·
Registered
165 Posts
This thread delivers !

Came to read about upgrading those junk 6 pots that ive rebuilt 3 times when I freshen up the bike this spring and replace my 4th set of fried rotors .. EBC was the last set with matching pads , they are a smoked pulsing mess in less than 1000 miles , last trip to the dragon did em in , stuffing the fat pig into corners at liter bike pace.. 550 pound bikes require a lot of woooooo !

So I'm reading all that only to discover that we have a new board know it all/ZX12 subject matter expert that's owned one for like 7 months !

Nice !!

So any of use guys had any luck with the conversion brackets for the older bikes or do I have to replace my lowers ?
Well hello to you as well,

A new board member, fairly new, yes.

Something on your mind, pm me.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
21 - 40 of 52 Posts