Kawasaki World banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Build quality is really good to be honest, I’d say it’s equal to a Brembo MC.

Problem I’ve got now is the spacers for my callipers don’t seem to be quite right 🤔

Attachments

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
So any of use guys had any luck with the conversion brackets for the older bikes or do I have to replace my lowers ?
I've had these on mine since 2011 https://www.kawasakiworld.com/zx-12r/44854-brakes-another-upgrade.html

I've never had to rebuild them in that time :-D

I even kept the original MC which is more than good enough for road riding.

Much more solid feel over the 6 pots.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Little update:

The Brembo callipers didn’t need 10mm spacers in the end (2006 fork bottoms/2000 Disccs)
But the discs don’t sit centrally in the calliper so looks like I’ll be selling the M4’s to buy some different radial callipers.
The lines I got for the LSL flat bar kit also don’t fit so now getting another set of braided lines ordered.
The LSL flat bar kit (supposedly a bolt on with not cutting) hits the throttle cable housing and the clutch cable that came with it is way too long.

So now looking for a callipers that will bolt on to the standard 2006 fork bottoms (already assuming I need to switch the discs to later model discs)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Little update:

The Brembo callipers didn’t need 10mm spacers in the end (2006 fork bottoms/2000 Disccs)
But the discs don’t sit centrally in the calliper so looks like I’ll be selling the M4’s to buy some different radial callipers.
The lines I got for the LSL flat bar kit also don’t fit so now getting another set of braided lines ordered.
The LSL flat bar kit (supposedly a bolt on with not cutting) hits the throttle cable housing and the clutch cable that came with it is way too long.

So now looking for a callipers that will bolt on to the standard 2006 fork bottoms (already assuming I need to switch the discs to later model discs)
ZX14 radial calipers bolt on. Need 10mm spacer to run 320mm disc. (2000-03 A1&2)

Attachments

41 - 52 of 52 Posts