Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted these front and back.............stunning tyre wet or dry.:thumbup:

They warm up quick and run at 40 psi

BUT................................................................................................................................ rear tyre was on the wear bars by 1100 miles :scared:

Fit them but dont forget them :thumbup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Agreed ... running S20 front and rear 190/55 at 42psi for a year and a bit ... rear wearing fast ....but a great tyre wet or dry.

·
Registered
840 Posts
S20 is a fantastic tyre but doesn't last long.

Ive got them in the 12, second set its had!

I run Bridgestone T30s on my Ace and they are also brilliant. Going to try a set on the 12R next

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am on my second rear S20 since May. My mileage has been mainly zipping around the Welsh roads............it would be impossible to do a European tour without taking a spare. :headscratch:

For touring purposes does anyone know if these can be mixed ie keep the S20 on the front and a harder wearing Bridgestone on the rear :puzzled:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Try the T30's front and back

I read about them and wasn't sure, then I did the Ron Haslam race school, all the bikes are fitted with them and gave really good grip.

I fitted a set to my daily ride - The Thunderace, I do a 60 mile round trip 4 - 5 days a week on her plus she's done a track day at brands.

The T30's feel like S20's warm up pretty quick are good in the wet and give me a good level of feel and grip when pushing hard on the road and on the track and offer better life, I've done around 2500 miles on my set so far and they still have loads of life left in them.

I've always used Bridgstones but found that on the sticky stuff life could be a bit better, I think the T30's are a cross between a sports tyre and a touring tyre offering good grip and life.

I'm going to fit a set to my 12R in the new year - thinking of running a 50 rather than a 55 on the back though as she turns in pretty quick (ZX7R swing arm, suspension mods)

Have a look
http://moto.bridgestone.co.uk/motorcycle-tyres/ranges/battlax/t30/
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CEoQtwIwAA&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W13WXGsNQOE&ei=DW93UpuyFeyX0AXFu4G4BQ&usg=AFQjCNElLzd2v56ksNEh3ewdpB3cvjj8Mg

·
Registered
135 Posts
Had S20's front and rear. Got just under 5000 KM's out of the rear. That has included a full track day and a lot of twisty stuff. The front is still great with at least another rear tyre left on it.
Crispy - I've now got a BT023 on the rear. Went from the S20 190/55 to BT023 190/50. Rear seems to be just as grippy and I'm hoping for a bit more life obviously. The ride seems a little more comfortable using the same pressures. So far I'm very happy with this combo.

·
Super Moderator
1,275 Posts
I've got a S20 on the rear at the moment, its a 200/55 or whatever the original ZX12 tyre size is. Not too bad, but havent done any decent riding on it yet. Bought a spare set of rims that had it mounted, barely used. See how it goes!

·
Registered
840 Posts
Had S20's front and rear. Got just under 5000 KM's out of the rear. That has included a full track day and a lot of twisty stuff. The front is still great with at least another rear tyre left on it.
Crispy - I've now got a BT023 on the rear. Went from the S20 190/55 to BT023 190/50. Rear seems to be just as grippy and I'm hoping for a bit more life obviously. The ride seems a little more comfortable using the same pressures. So far I'm very happy with this combo.
The T30 is the replacement for the 023

·
Registered
56 Posts
interesting debate about the S20's...........i had a pair on a gsxr 1000 though not my zx12 b1. i would not recommend them and would not buy them again. great feeling of grip from the rear but not from the front and a poor rear mileage...squared off and knackered after 2500 miles. the better alternatives in this class of tyre would be a dunlop sportsmart or michelin power 3 both of which i have owned. the sportsmarts are on the 12r and give the grip and mileage and i would definitely replace like with like. hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts