Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

After a long wait and what has seemed to have every obstacle in my way of purchasing (Life situations taking cash flow) I will be ordering my Brocks Gen 4 exhaust this Wednesday. There where not many choices unless I wanted to spending tons of cash ordering from Japan which I just wasn't prepared to do. It would have cost at least $2000 just for the exhaust.

I'm looking forward to giving this exhaust a full review. A couple of questions on tuning. With a power commander, is it possible to advance timing without buying an ignition advancer with a dynotune? I have heard a few things but nothing concrete yet.

What should I expect from the switch? It has a Yoshi slip on right now without a PC. It also already has K & N filters. Also has a 17tooth front sprocket.

Is there really a difference between K & N's and BMC'S? It runs good now, but I'm hoping a lot more pull from the system.

Just getting anxious and hoping for a big change in performance. I'm sure this is a rhetorical question, but would like some comments or reviews on what the bike is like with a full system.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Imo the air cleaners are a toss up.
Get a muzzys timing rotor and start with +3 no more than +5.
Does Brock hav a map for a 12?
The pipe and a good map will definitely wake up your bike.
You will be happy.

cmg

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Imo the air cleaners are a toss up.
Get a muzzys timing rotor and start with +3 no more than +5.
Does Brock hav a map for a 12?
The pipe and a good map will definitely wake up your bike.
You will be happy.

cmg
+1 you will be happy!!
brocks has map support , and from memory there's 3 maps to play with . :thumbup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
OP I see you ride a 00 model year so you will have tovbe running the PC3r which supports timing advance without the need of additional modules and timing sprockets.

Just make sure you get the right PC model for your bike, every model year has a different PC and no matter what people tell you, they are NOt compatible.. Always lookup PC compatibility on Dynojet's website.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
OP I see you ride a 00 model year so you will have tovbe running the PC3r which supports timing advance without the need of additional modules and timing sprockets.

Just make sure you get the right PC model for your bike, every model year has a different PC and no matter what people tell you, they are NOt compatible.. Always lookup PC compatibility on Dynojet's website.
Can you still get a 3R
DJ told me the 3R was trouble and they couldn't help me with the serial cord or trouble shooting of any kind. I tossed mine in the trash.
Brock also told me the advance values are not accurate.

cmg

·
Registered
374 Posts
Can you still get a 3R
DJ told me the 3R was trouble and they couldn't help me with the serial cord or trouble shooting of any kind. I tossed mine in the trash.
Brock also told me the advance values are not accurate.

cmg
there are always a couple available on eBay... I have not used a PC3r so I am unaware of the horror stories associated with it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the comments. I'm really looking forward to the mod. It already a fast bike, but one of the biggest things I'm looking forward to is the weight difference. I heard about 15lbs. That plus 15hp extra should be a blast. I just lost 20lbs of myself. So 35lbs off the bike should feel pretty sporty.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Have a PCIIIr on mine, works fine, no problems. The only issue I've ever had is getting the damn serial to USB adaptor working correctly on the laptop side.

·
Registered
566 Posts
It is too bad there is no support from Dynojet (aside from a credit towards purchasing a PCUSB) for the PCIIIR. It would be great if these could be repaired.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
ive found most serial to usb converter problems to actually be laptop configuration settings.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
ive found most serial to usb converter problems to actually be laptop configuration settings.
I toaly understand what you mean , the person that used to own the bike in the first place is a laptop genius , his father now owns the bike ....

He spent over an hour trying to get it to work /giving it the USB port that it wanted and a lot of other things ( witch I know nothing about) Didn't do anything ? But as has been said before <the fact that everyone with an old bike was always wandering how to get them to work /3r to work ? So is there something special :puzzled:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
to top it off heres the PC sit Lol !
there's a PC V for the 12R / 00 ! Part No 17-052
Now if your smart YOU would not go an ole analogue heap of nothing !

·
Registered
425 Posts
Like I said, no problems with mine. It's small and only one box to control fuel AND timing. The USB version they were selling at the time couldn't do timing and required a second box just for timing adjustments. It's clear that the new PCV is more advanced and is the way to go if you need to get a new PC--just don't throw away a perfectly functional PCIIIr.

If the Dynojet software is telling you that no Power Commander is found, it's a laptop to serial/USB adaptor issue, not a PC issue.

·
Registered
679 Posts
to top it off heres the PC sit Lol !
there's a PC V for the 12R / 00 ! Part No 17-052
Now if your smart YOU would not go an ole analogue heap of nothing !
I didn't believe it until i just checked i know whats gonna be in my Xmas stocking!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts