Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Kawi World!

My C14 has been sitting for about 6 months since I had to leave for work. I've returned to a bike with no power, I replaced the battery in the Key Fob and still no juice. Thinking the bike battery was dead I gave it a jump with my car but when I remove the cables the bike dies.

Do I need a new battery or is it something else?

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
put it on a battery tender over night.if it fires up and you can start it after a week of sitting the battery should be alright.if not i would think the battery is shot in the bike.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mark..

Yes it's the battery. Come to find out the C-14 has a few electronic doodads that continue to pull power from the battery even when the kill switch is on, and my Concours was sitting for 6 months. Will get a new battery this evening so i can get back on the road.

Thanks again for your reply.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Whenever I leave my C-14 for an extended time I remove the battery (because as you know now the alarm system will work unless you disconnect the battery) and put it on a battery tender. Also put a fuel stabilizer in the gas, shake the bike from side to side to mix and run the engine for a few minutes to get the fuel with stabilizer through the injectors. Never have a problem then starting on my return.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tire pressure sensors

BlueBlurr,

One nice thing about the C14/GTR1400 is that is has a tire pressure readout on the dash. The negative is that these pressure sensors run on batteries INSIDE the tire and are therefore expensive to replace. Futhermore, when these batteries need replacement, the low battery warning takes presidence over other readouts on the dash so one can not view other information normally available. The tire pressuee sensors are supposed to last "several" years. Mine needed to be replaced after 3 years. Therefore,

my reccomendation is that the pressure sensor batteries be replaced on your next tire change after three years. Don't wait until the batteries run down or you will either have to pay to get the tires off, or wait until your next tire change with a dash that will only give you partial information.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Its more than likely a battery,you should not jump your bike with a caryou should use another 12 volt power source (battery charger)another bike.If you leave your bike sitting for long periods of time I recommend a battery tender I use them on all three of my bikes and they extend usage by years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tire pressure sensors

BlueBlurr,

One nice thing about the C14/GTR1400 is that is has a tire pressure readout on the dash. The negative is that these pressure sensors run on batteries INSIDE the tire and are therefore expensive to replace. Futhermore, when these batteries need replacement, the low battery warning takes presidence over other readouts on the dash so one can not view other information normally available. The tire pressuee sensors are supposed to last "several" years. Mine needed to be replaced after 3 years. Therefore,

my reccomendation is that the pressure sensor batteries be replaced on your next tire change after three years. Don't wait until the batteries run down or you will either have to pay to get the tires off, or wait until your next tire change with a dash that will only give you partial information.
You cannot replace the batteries on the tire pressure monitor system. You have to replace the sensors on the tires entirely

1 - 9 of 9 Posts