Kawasaki World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a yellow box but I have not yet program it. I have a 17/48 gearing, is their anyone who has theirs set at this gearing or even close. Is their anyway of calibrating the odometer and speedometer together. I'm more concerned with the mileage.

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
My guess would be around 15% to 16% correction factor.

Just doing this, your odometer and speedomter will be very close

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
I'll bet that it is pretty close at that setting.

If you wanna come to Salisbury NC today at 6:30 we can
do some testing :p

Thats about 1-1/2 hour ride for you :p

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I haven't got a Yellow Box yet either. I marked the miles on my 12 when I put the 17 toofer on so when I get the Yellow Box, I can calibrate it so that I'll be putting less mileage on the bike for the same amount of miles. Kind of make up for the time I didn't have the Yellow Box installed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
vozizm said:
NC set it at around "o"..he he he ...or just pull plug out of back of gauges!!!
Can you do that just to the speedo without effecting the tach? I know how fast I'm going with just the tach.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Bummer!! :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
just got to have my tach!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Heres my opinion and settings checked by rader by police in Missouri....

When I am geared @ 16/44=2.75 I am set at 14.25%

When I am geared @ 16/46=2.875 I am set at 22.5%

So 17/48=2.82 is in between there....

My speeds were checked by a police officer I stopped and asked to radar me both times. And I was 1 mph off on both of these.....

One was state patrol and the other a local cop.....

Speeds were check with me running 65 mph..... Read 64 on radar both times...... Just my .02 worth....

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the info guys but is this for the speedo or the odometer calibration. Or does it make a difference.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
My posts are what I has the yellow box set at.... And with both of these I had 1 MPH off on the speedo according to the police I had clock me.....

Just find a officer shooting radar.... If you ask them they will clock you.... I have never yet have one say I don't have time.... Normally glad to do it... Just tell them you made a sprocket change and want to check your speed............

1 - 19 of 19 Posts