Kawasaki World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once the I release the clutch i can hear a knock coming from underneath my feet. It rattles very bad until i give it se gas. The bike rides fine throughout the day until i hear that nonsense. I had to replace the clutch basket because the previous owner blew it up. I changed the oil after cleaning everything up. I put in a muzzy billet basket with muzzy clutchs from schnitz. Tryna figure out this problem please help

·
Registered
314 Posts
A badly maintained chain can get a partially seized link. This will give the noise you describe too.
This happens from winter wet riding normally, particulary on gritted roads.
Happened to me, I soaked chain in parafin. Cleaned and lubed and it was ok.
Take the chain off and check all links are free.
Also check your sprockets are not worn and chain stretched.
If in doubt change.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just re oiled the chain up but i read someones thread were it was happening to them they changed there steel and it fixed the problem ima have to take it apart on monday

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Is it coming from the right side of the engine or from deep in the engines bowls like in the middle. ??

Right side is clutch.

Middle of tranny.

Does it do it when u are using the clutch or it goes away when u pull the clutch. Probably the clutch.

Does it happen everytime u shift into forth? It's tranny.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Did you put the anti chatter rings back in the right way. With out them it will knock and hitch like a mofo when taking off but will be fine when just riding around. Redsled.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used the chattering rings from the blown clutch basket into i may need to change em honstely and the knock comes from underneath my feet

·
Registered
314 Posts
Take the chatter rings out
If they were meant to be there they would have been in your Muzzy clutch kit.
I have no chatters all super smooth and quiet.
All big fibres, sharp edge of steels outwards :)

Obviously the chatters come with oem clutch pack and amount of chatters varies too , but they are not needed. ( opinions vary) So if you have any doubts remove them to eliminate.

Adjust stack height accordingly.

Did you remove the chain off the bike and check every link manually??

Noise travels those stiff links sure make you bike feel bad and are noisy and intermittent. Louder at slow speeds.

Good luck .

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know there are two chatter rings one is flat and another is bent up. What would happen if i take them out cause the steels are 2 and 10 fibers.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If you take the chatters out you need to replace the small fibres with big ones and get your stack height correct. Its ok to double stack a steel to get the right height.
It has to be emphasised the stack height is important.
What height are you measuring?

I use a regina drag chain.
I presume your chain is nearly new and you are positive you have no stiff links? :)
With your clutch , its muzzy basket and clutch pack ,but no lock up, right?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea the chain is fairly new with a whole muzzy basket with muzzy clutches the steels are 2.0 and stack height is 10 and i look at my chain everyday before i ride and havent seen a damaged linked. I definitely dont have a lock up don't even know what that shit does.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts