Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I introduced myself in my previous thread, and you'll see why I need various parts!

I'm having trouble sourcing a few bits on ebay and the like, so I thought I'd try here as someone is bound to know someone that may be able to help. The excess on my insurance is a con so I'm not claiming to get it fixed, I'll do it myself.

I'm looking for the following for a red 2003 ZX12r with flame graphics. Must be good/mint condition if possible:

Front fairing and right side fairing + spoiler thing (red with flame graphics)
Front fairing Bracket
Clutch Cover (can't find anywhere!)
Right wing mirror (not essential)
6 pot calipers or upgrades (not damaged, just tired)
New set of ribs and diaphragm if it's medically possible!

Thanks in advance
Steve

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Hey fella,
Sorry to hear about the crash.
I had a right side drop in Luxembourg in the summer. Always tour with duck tape!! Patched it and rode home.
Clutch covers are never on eBay! But, that's not the biggest issue. A new clutch cover from Kawasaki is only £180. Gasket £15. I say "only" as the plastic is the main cost.
Mirrors are available for £20/£25 usually. You'll find a few fairing stays on eBay. Or contact people that are obviously breaking a bike, sometimes they have stuff that they haven't listed yet.
Cornwall Kawasaki Centre - Kawasaki Centre
Look on there for indications of new prices. Sometimes new isn't much more than used! Don't have a coronary when you look at plastic and decal prices. Some other parts aren't too bad.
I welded up the plastic, did quite a good job if I so say so myself. It's all prepped for respray now. The option was to buy miss-matched plastic and spray or go Chinese. Kawasaki graphics are a ridiculous price so I'm changing the whole colour scheme and graphics. An opportunity to be unique.

It is sometimes possible to buy a whole used bike and break it. Transplant what you need and sell the rest.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
The main problem with insurance claims is that the cost of new plastic and ancillary bits is now more than the value of ZX12Rs. They insist on new bits at book price and Kawasaki don't discount anything. They could easily write the bike off and offer you very little money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thanks, I'll get onto Cornwall Kawasaki, I was expecting it to cost a bit more tbh. I have been tempted by the Chinese bodywork, but one friend that bought a set for another bike found the holes didn't line up. It will ride-able (just) with the plastics as is, so I'll prob hold out for the bits that need replacing.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I think there have been a few issues with the Chinese stuff melting.
But, you can get a full already painted set for less than the cost of Kawasaki decals, almost.

·
Registered
104 Posts
forget the plastics and rip it all off ...streetfighter the beast if worse comes to worse ,i bought mine a few months ago with the intention of doing this but an immaculate bike came up for very little money and now myself and friends all think the old girls way too clean and good to rip her apart ,thing is "touch wood" if this happens to myself this is exactly what will happen to mine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome cheers guys will have a look. Just been told i cant ride for at least 2 months & riding head down might not be possible again, mainly due to the impact its had on old injuries :( so street fighter may be the way to go.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Awesome cheers guys will have a look. Just been told i cant ride for at least 2 months & riding head down might not be possible again, mainly due to the impact its had on old injuries :( so street fighter may be the way to go.
check out the ABM handle bar conversion if this is the case ,fitted mine the other day and have to say so much better for myself and would deffo get your head up and be more comfortable for you .
the kit consists of top yoke ,bar clamps "angled ,extended back towards rider"braided brake lines etc etc and i can say im delighted with mine ,il add some piccys if youd like buddy ?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Ive a set of 6 pots Ill sell - Open to sensible offers UK only

·
Registered
104 Posts
few piccys for you of the ABM bar conversion ,as youl see its a much more relaxed ride position as lifts the bars up and back towards the rider im pleased with the kit myself .
please no comments on the tail units colour ,i just havent found time to paint it but will be done soon as didnt realise it was that bad against all the other panels lol.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts