Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just a ZX9r c2 that had been standing for to years , well ive cleaned it up serviced all parts ,and now running and MOT all good , but i struggle to pull away from standing , it starts and runs fine , ticks over, and flys when it hits 3000 rpm any idea's please could it be the pilot jets ,as it has been standing outside for 2 year
anyone got any idea's ?

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
clean and inspect the carbs, vac lines etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So update gone back through the carbs clean everything replaces jets , pilots, seals , starts runs , ticks over fine pulls away just , went for a 50 mile run and it fly's along till i roll off the trottle and then roll it back on the revs die it splutters and struggling to get going till i get up to about 3000 rpm then it off ,,,i am sure the carbs are clean now ,, only seem to do it under load , ounces its moving its ok ?? anything more it could be ? run out of ideas now :(

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
With the tank Off and the airbox lid off and engine running look down the carbs and see if one or more needles are showing signs of excess fuel coming out. This would then indicate a bad carb fuel level of the float valve.

Yours may not be as obvious as the one in this YouTube clip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts