Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The other weekend I looked into what it takes to sync the carbs. According to the manual you are supposed to take the air filter off... and run the bike while adjusting the balance screws. This is because they are only accessable from the top of the carbs, under the air filter. What do you think about just flipping the filter around 180 degrees?

Luckily my carbs were in spec, so I don't have to worry about it for now. I still have that strange buzzing noise at around 4200 rpm... but I'm not real worried about it. 02 9r.... gold

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think what your saying is you need to remove the airbox, it's not that difficult. Although the '02 airbox is a bit diffrent and has a mounting plate on the carbs. I just worked on my buddies '02 and it's 5 bolts and loosen the 2 air intake clamps, pops right off :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
air box

Right... well I'm mostly worried about running the bike with the airbox off so you can fiddle with the balance screws... I thought maybe you could turn the airbox around 180 degrees and still be able to adjust the balance screws.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oh your worried about dirt in the engine. You won't be reving the engine beyond a couple grand so you won't be creating a huge vacuum, just make sure your working in an area that isn't creating alot of dirt and crap blowing around. The short amount of time you will be running the engine isn't going to hurt it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Moto24 said:
Oh your worried about dirt in the engine. You won't be reving the engine beyond a couple grand so you won't be creating a huge vacuum, just make sure your working in an area that isn't creating alot of dirt and crap blowing around. The short amount of time you will be running the engine isn't going to hurt it.

AMEN.....

Just schedule your carb synch times between sandstorms........

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist :twisted:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts