Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, been giving the 12r a good going over since I got it back in Nov. cleaning, general maintenance, etc. went and removed the stock muffler to put on the Yosh RS3 bolt on that I bought, was expecting to be staring at a bunch of honeycomb when I slipped the muffler off ,but I wasn't:headscratch:. is all the pictures of the catalytic that I have seen on the forum from "A" models? and the "B" are different? it did occur to me that the previous owner had already removed the catalytic but it looks really tidy in there...not like a bunch of metal had been hammered out of it....damn I am really looking forward to riding this bike in the spring

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
they all had it, sounds like a clean job was done

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
In Australia the A1 2000 model didn't have the catalytic converter, I know mine didn't have them, in the workshop manual near the front there is a list with codes of different countries and how the bike was presented in different power outputs and whether it had the honeycomb catalytic converter or not. I believe the A1 in USA and Canada it was introduced with the cat. In General Info section 1-9. Just for info, I know this doesn't mean much to you lot but, hey, I had this info stuck in my head!

Don.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Finished of should look like this....

Picture crap but you get the idea....think its only a push fit assembly.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
It's interesting to note that in MotoGP
The Hondas and Ducati hav honeycomb at the end
of their exhaust. It looks to be larger "holes".
May be using it to straighten the air as it leaves the pipe?

cmg

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thats to stop stones going into the engine if they crash in the gravel. It prevents engine damage and thus prevents using one of thier engines up if they crash.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mauser, that's exactly how mine currently looks

Ross, glad to know,really looking forward to to hear how its gonna sound

Duck, thanks for the info, kind of interesting im gonna look it up in my manual(just out of general interest)

im really looking forward to riding this bike, it was already into cold weather season when I bought it which helped me get a good deal on it but only got a quick cautious test ride before I put it in the garage for the winter. Im learning a lot by taking it apart and reading this forum almost every night(im currently on page 52 of the 12R section of the forum lol)

Thanks for your input fellas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts