Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My swingarm slider is worn through on the bottom,not on top where I thought it would. Top is very thin,but still there. There is also gouges on the underside of the swingarm from chain contact :shock:
I ran the 17t for about 15000mi. I measured the outside diameter of the original 18t vs the 17,and its only about 5-6mm's difference.
If the 17 did this,the 16 users may want to peek in there and see if theirs is ok.
I can (prob. :roll: ) post pics if you like.

jeff

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
Just a note of interest... The underside of the chain is tightest @ decel... Do you do a lotta engine braking?? Also, have you lowered the rear w/ dogbonez?? :? :?

Another thought... The radius difference of the 2 sprockets is what you're needing... Approx. 2.5 - 3 mm... Sure don't seem like much!! :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not lowered,slider was not loose,and if anything,I run my chain on the tighter side of adjustment. Never slapped around.
I do run pretty hard most of the time I ride. Some say I'm a bit loose upstairs..... :lol: Not abuse,just giving it what it was made for. Don't have to break stuff to have fun.
Anyway,there it is. I too was surprised at the wear. I'm glad I went with another endless oem chain,demanding swingarm removal.
Anyone out there dreading a swingarm removal,no worries. Very easy. Just gotta get er up in the air! :lol:
I should post a pic of mine hangin' from my home gym...... :lol:

jeff

·
Registered
402 Posts
If you ran it too tight, and have a few pounds on you, that would explain it. As the bike goes down, the chain gets tighter and closer to the bottom. Throw on a smaller front, and the problem gets worse.

I'll have to keep an eye on mine.

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts