Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all. can someone tell me if I have to remove swingarm to swap chain slider or can it be bent and slipped thru to install new one?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
You have to remove the swingarm unfortunately. I just had to do this to mine last month, as I had put it all together without the plastic slider and after my first ride the chain started to eat my brand new powdercoated arm :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats not what i wanted to hear. and really sucks. well i have to order the slider. do i neeed to put new seals or can the old ones be reused do you know?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know this seems like a minor problem but its my only transportation and now im stuck. chain is rubbing on swingarm which means I can not ride it until I replace slider. 2 weeks for part. I am betting that if I take off the sprocket then I can get the slider on without taking off swingarm or is it for sure that swingarm has to come off?
big difference for me since I have no way to hold bike up. anyone ever change slider without taking swing arm off?.
I don't understand how you guys that use smaller front sprocket don't have a problem with chain rubbing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for all to know I took off the chain slider without removing swing arm . all you have to do is remove front sprocket.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You can indeed replace it without removing the swing arm or the sprocket. I replaced mine several years ago. You do have to remove the sprocket cover and the chain guard. It took some twisting and finessing but it went in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts