Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got any opinions on full face helmet communications? ie. Chatterbox GMRS X1.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I have a Chatterbox FRS X2.. Works well under 100mph for music and chat. (but who goes that fast anyway?)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ynot said:
I have a Chatterbox FRS X2.. Works well under 100mph for music and chat. (but who goes that fast anyway?)
Thanks. That's all I needed to hear......I'm putting it on my Christmas list right now :D :D

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Chatter Box is supposed to be releasing a new head set too for X-mas...You will get better quality with your music and such that you play thru your Chatterbox....Bass would be a great improvement... I cant wait for that to come out....the head set they have now is OK but music sucks thru it....

·
4,208 Posts
Love Them

Love the Gmrsx-1 simply incredible up until about 120mph......Chaterbox is suppose to coem out with new headsest but I believe the actual units will remain the same ....A Must Buy If you ride with steady people.......Saved Many a Headache.......A Life......and A Ticket...... Brian

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I used to ride with Collett 900mhz communicators. I will never recommend them to anyone.

Reasons:

1) Very, very bad interferance form cell towers. It sounded like feedback at full volume. Feels like your head is about to explode.

2) The ones I had were VOX only. Could never get the mic sensitivity quite right. Down low, it took half of your conversation just to turn the mic on and up higher, the wind would key the mic.

Next set I get will be FRS/GMRS with PTT mics. It is really nice having communication to warn about gravel in corners, needed piss stops, etc.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I've got the first model Chatterbox..it works good until 90-100 mph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts