Kawasaki World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I purchased my 03 zx12r with badly installed chinese fairings . I have bit the bullet and ordered another set of chinese fairings , slightly different design . Has anyone had experience of fitting these to a 12 . ?? Fingers crossed they will fit !!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi all
I purchased my 03 zx12r with badly installed chinese fairings . I have bit the bullet and ordered another set of chinese fairings , slightly different design . Has anyone had experience of fitting these to a 12 . ?? Fingers crossed they will fit !!
A guy i trade parts with uses Chinese fairings, I've seen them on the bikes he fixes up and sells on they were to my suprise good quality, I think he ordered Abs plastic fairings from either alibaba or aliexpress sometimes from ebay

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers cal hopefully i wont have to spend weeks lining everything up . I think its a bit of pot luck , but i cant live with these ones anymore .

·
Super Moderator
4,315 Posts
Search for my "restoration" thread... I'm on my phone currently or I'd link it...
I got a set of Chinese plastics and couldn't have been happier with the fitment. I chose to paint the insides of the plastics because they're completely unfinished, yet visible in so.e places.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine are due tomorrow so fingers crossed . Customs got interested so it cost more money in duty . Bloody uk !!! . Good idea on painting inside .i wil definately look at that . Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They look quite nice . Mine turned up . Fit is pretty good but have a few scratches on tank cover . Think i can hide them under a decal . Edges of panels were missed by the gun but i can hand touch these in . Impressed with the fittings. All moulded as one piece . Not stuck on like other set of panels . But for the price they are good value .

·
Registered
210 Posts
I bought a China fairing set through Ebay. (I also think all the fairings they sell on Ebay, etc. are made by the same company and are just sold by different dealers to look like there are several companies that make farings) The fitment is not perfect but not bad either... Only issue I really had was the fitment of the tail piece. Had to use a Dremel to cut off some access material to get it to fit together with the under tray. I also used a heat gun to warm up the side fairings when I first fit them, this way I got them to line up better... Would not hesitate to buy another set if need be..

Tom 😀

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eventually after getting every part in its correct place . If i had to do this again , mentally i would get in a better place . Just need to sort bars again !!! .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Tom . Loved reading your winter zx12 r project . Seems like all chinese fairings are almost there but not quite . I was watching the pictures of your bike come together when we were in lockdown . Love the chain adjuster . Just got to get that past the wife . Video was cool on the ride . Made me want to live there beautiful country .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts