Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cliff Randall is going live on the Radio, it would be great for some locals to call in and give Cliff some support on the ZX-12R. It wouldn't hurt to plug ZX-12R.org as well :wink:

I asked Cliff when and where, Cliff said:

"AM 640 in Toronto. October 5th 12:30PM. Have the gang call in and say hello, or if they have a question about the 12 that I've encountered and corrected, I'll gladly offer the fix........Apparently it will be broadcast live over the web as well at - www.mojoradio.com
Should be fun."

Pass the word.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks Dale, I appreciate the courtesy. Let the boys know that my pal Frank Trombino, (Canadain #1 Superbike Plate holder for 2001), will be on with me to talk about his career as a Pro racer, and take everyone for a fast lap around Mosport, where he is the King!
Let the folks know they can watch it interact at mojoradio.com listen to the broadcast live and send in questions via e-mail or phone while we are on. I'll be discussing my pioneering experinces (fuel maps etc.) with the fabulous Muzzy Kawasaki ZX1270, which is now fully suspended with Ohlins in the rear and Racetech in the front, and making 200+ hp thanks to my newest sponsor, Noco who distribute ELF Promoto, racing fuel.
Cheers,
Cliff

·
Registered
306 Posts
Can't wait to see and hear this Cliff, putting it on my calender. keep this post stickied till then Easy!

·
Registered
26 Posts
No........The bikes won't make it up 16 floors. We tried, but I fell off on the 12th floor! Frank, (who was naked on the back at the time), was forunately unhurt.
Cheers,
Cliff

·
Registered
26 Posts
If someone will send me a quick e-mail, I'll send you back a recent studio pic of the bike as used in the Mojo radio 2002 calander. I'wil also include a recent dyno print out indicating 197 rwhp and 108 ft/lbs of torque, (with the assistance of the ram-air, we're talking 209 hp on the road), taken directly off Dyno Jets dyno set-up in Nevada, do digitally over the net. Very cool.
[email protected]
Thanks,
Cliff

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Too funny.

Have you two noticed the latest link to your sites? It is under the new menu section "Site Supporters" it will make it easier to find.

Cliff: too graphic, but too funny.

I remember a vid that I believe is still on the site that has a guy falling off the back of a bike that was nude, OUCH!!

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are many ways to support the site, not all need money.
But for sure, take out the check book and write away :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cliff is willing to discuss any and all tricks and tips about his ZX-12R modifications.

Some of the tips he has mentioned lately are:

" Let the boys know that on this Saturday's call in radio show, mojoradio.com in Toronto I would be pleased to share my many ZX12 modifications, including many that no one knows about. Did you know that Shimming the triple tree steering shaft at the upper triple clamp where the bolt secures the shaft to the plate is a must on the 2000-2001 models for added stability? Most don't
This was the a weak point in the frame assembly on the earlier models and often causes flex or shutter under high speed braking because the bolt can move in it's mount no matter how tightly you secure it. This like can be corrected very easily using thin feeler gauge strips to snug up the bolt to wall fit. The entire 2003 frame neck was redesign to rigidity, however no one ever mentioned it because Kawasaki would probably have been asked, why did you change it?"

Cliff's latest 1270 Map has the following recommendations from Cliff:
"Please find attached the map we discussed. It not only makes for a smooth idle on the ZX1270R but it also makes 200rwhp as well. Remember I'm using the Muzzys high flow pump and ELF race fuel, (the 2 cancel each other out map wise in that the pump makes it rich fuel by 3%and the fuel makes thing lean by the same amount. Therefore, this is a map suitable for someone with a 1270 kit on pump gas except for the ignition advance. I don't recommend 7 degrees above 6000 rpm, (5 at most), of advance on pump gas. I don't know if it would work on pump fuel or detonate and frankly don't wish to find out. Feel free to test it yourself and call me!!
The steps to a smoother idle are as follows:
- Drill out and close the four TB air screws. Don't worry about the postion of the joint airs-crew adjusters of which there are 2, (the left and right side TB's each share one).
- Put the mercury sticks in place on the right vacuum fitting of each TB. Right from the seat looking forward.
- Start and warm up the motor.
- Set idle to 1000 rpm.
- Balance the TB's via the individual TB air screws, and if necessary, the bigger joint and center mix screw.
- Go to your map and "real time" add or subtract fuel from the 0% and 2% columns at 500-1500 rpm, or where ever you have set the rpm. Alter the map and listen to the motor react until you smooth out the final idle point.
- It has been my experience that it is often best to do the idle adjustment at several different RPM levels. Do this by changing your idle screw to 600K and reset the fuel map again real-time with the PC3R while your motor is running. Now again at 1500 rpm. You can actually hear the motor change for the better or worse.
- Set the final idle where you like and enjoy a previously unheard of smooth idle on a piped ZX12R and snapper low end throttle response! Amazing what can be achieved if we question the status quo isn't it."

We should get in there and ask away, if someone can tape it as a wav or MP3 file that would be great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks again Dale......The guys might be interested to know that I'm installing a full Ohlins front end, now available for the 12. I feel my stock front forks are the waekest link on my ZX1270 project bike. Should be fabulous once completed.
Cheers,
Cliff

·
Registered
18,644 Posts
Would there be a transcript of the show available afterwards? I have to work and will be unable to partake in it on the web. :(

·
Registered
594 Posts
Can I come and watch you in action I could be a Randall groupie but I won't get naked I leave that to you and Frank hehe.
If you want I could come down and video tape the session for you my buddy has a digital recorder.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sounds like a great idea. I could host the video if you can convert it to MPEG or AVI

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi guys........Send thoses wonderfully flattering e-mails in boys. I'm counting on you all to help me convince my current and more importantly, future sponsors, that I'm worth their marketing dollars! Without their support, in the form of parts etc. the projects stop.
Thanks,
Cliff

1 - 20 of 28 Posts