Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday afternoon on the way home from work. I am in the left hand turn lane behind a little red truck. The light turns green. The truck turns and picks the left lane. I pick the right lane. As we all know never trust the cages. Sure enough, he starts to drift into my lane. I nail the throttle and blast by him. Sitting just down the road is one of our trusty California Higway patrol cars. He sees me blast past. I check my mirror, and sure enough he has pulled out and is coming after me. The light ahead is red, I am only a mile from home. I pull into the left turn lane to see if he is following me. Yep, he pulls in behind me. The light turns green, I turn left, he turns on his lights. I pull over. He asks for the usual stuff. I'm pissed, in Dec. my record will be clear, thats all I needed was a ticket. :x Just as I hand him my stuff, my wife and daughter drive by. They are laughing and pointing at me. (Cute). :oops: The officer states that I was accelerating way past the posted speed limit of 45 mph. I responded that I was trying to avoid being killed by the little red truck changing into my lane. He gave me a funny look and said little red truck! Yea, I said. He wandered off to his patrol car. A few minutes later he came back and said he was gonna let me off with a verbal warning. He told me it was not alright to accelerate to 70 mph in a 45 zone for any reason. He still had that funny look on his face. He was still trying to figure out if I was telling the truth or he had just been duped. I just stood there with an innocent look on my face. I thanked him and quickly got on my bike before he changed his mind. :roll:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
nice - always feels good to get away with one. If only he was paying attention and stopped the truck for failure to signal.

F*ck'n figures eh?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Mark one off your " I got lucky " checklist!

:lol:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Ahhhhh to live in CA. where 25 over and a good attitude gets you a warning!!!

Way to go Ed, and cool officer involved.

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
The trooper would have known which truck if it was me, because I would have been blowing the horn, flipping the visor up, and pretty much scaring the piss out of whoever was in the truck :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

G

·
0 Posts
Not often you get those lucky breaks. I've had one freebie on the bike. I think that's my one for this lifetime. 8)

·
Registered
468 Posts
jiggsyking said:
Not often you get those lucky breaks. I've had one freebie on the bike. I think that's my one for this lifetime. 8)
same here...was 18, a learner still (not legal to ride big bikes), and was doing 210kph in an 80kph...let's just say that when they tried to pull me over i rode away (what an idiot i was - they had already seen my licence plate)!

here i am today - 20 and still going strong (of course, i have my full license now!)

:)

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
mwrzx12 said:
The trooper would have known which truck if it was me, because I would have been blowing the horn, flipping the visor up, and pretty much scaring the piss out of whoever was in the truck :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Then it turns out to be the 80 year old grandmother of the trooper in the truck!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
I'm pretty forgiving of elderly people
I have had several close calls with them, and they just can't help it,
they have no idea what speeds our bikes are capable of for the most part...

And if I am doing something that may be construed as somewhat illegal :twisted: I don't blame people for mistakes due to my speed or wheelies or whatever.....

If I am just riding around like Ed was, its going to severely piss me off that someone almost runs me over...

So, theres my feelings on controlled road rage :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Second close call. I'm on the way to work this morning. The traffic is much lighter at 9pm. The 1.5 mile stretch of sweepers is just behind me. I have slowed down quite a bit. I'm just crusing. Coming in the the other direction is another rider. I wave. I then notice its one of the new BMW California Patrol bikes. :shock: I check my rear view mirror and I see him making a u-turn. DAMM! :x I get to the light and get in the left turn lane. He pulls up next to me and says. "Eighty's to fast. I just wrote a guy up for eighty. Keep your speed down. We are out in this area" The light turns green. I continue on my way. :eek: Two close calls in two days. I think I may need to slow down the big red 12.

·
Registered
334 Posts
drive the cage to work!!!! riding a bike only makes you try to get your thrills before you get to work or from work. when your off work you can pick time and places to gas it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You must be joking! I've been commuting daily for 25 years. I not gonna let a couple of close calls get me off my bike! Better to dig a grave and toss me in, cage and all!

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
There are quite a few times if I didn't ride my faster red 12 to work, I wouldn't get to ride it at all. :( I work about all the time it seems like. :evil:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From 1200 Mantis
i catch myself showing off to co-workers to much
What? Woosh, over my head!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts