Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I think I damaged my clutch basket today on my 2000 zx12r. Was accelerating hard and felt weird vibration.
Thought it was coming from the road for a while but it wasn´t that.

Will open it tomorrow to check the clutch. Was wondering if there are any clutch baskets from other models that will fit. Like zx14r or zzr1200 or something else perhaps?

Anyone?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Clutch

Oooops well that would explain a lot. I've seen your question asked before and I've done a lot of searching a few years back looking for an answer - I could find one so I'm guessing there is no direct swap for the ZX12R

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/IMG]

Thats all I could find. Some pieces under the clutch but most were down in oil pan. And a fair ammount of shavings i oil pan too.
Cleaned oil pickup. New oil in and fire it up?

Also I´m in the market for a billet clutch. So if anyone got a spare you know what to do. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Did you clean the oil filter in the oil pan too for 'missing' parts? And just to be sure you can crank the engine through the timing cover and listen for any metal scraping sounds, just to be sure you aren't missing a piece somewhere.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you clean the oil filter in the oil pan too for 'missing' parts? And just to be sure you can crank the engine through the timing cover and listen for any metal scraping sounds, just to be sure you aren't missing a piece somewhere.

The only filter I could find was the mesh filter in the oil pickup and I cleaned it. I rode the bike home with the vibration issue about 100 kilometers. Engine sounds an runs like it always have so I think its ok.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts