Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '02' ZX12R and the clutch kill switch was fried, anybody have something similiar....

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Can you explain the Clutch Kill switch and how it is supposed to work.
I haven't heard of that before, or perhaps I haven't heard it called that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
switch went -it's on the clutch side, bottom side of the bar- and the bike wouldn't start in any gear, or start with the clutch engaged, only way to start the machine was in neutral...

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Very common problem on all the Kawaski's. Cheap plastic crap. Try useing some contact cleaner sprayed inside, and snap it a couple of times. So common, that the other day a kid brought his ZX6 by the shop with the same problem and they just happen to have the part. :roll: Of course the old guy in the shop who"s anti technoligy when it comes to safty switch'es, commented " just start the dam thing in nuetral then" :lol: The kid wanted to leave his bike there until it wa fixed.

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
"Starter Lockout Switch"

and this is the same problem you have as a Sticky here...

http://www.zx-12r.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10236

Mine was clean where the connector plugs in, it was the actual
button that was malfunctioning....

Mine just did this and all I did was hold the clutch lever in, use a flat tip
screwdriver to depress the button on the switch, and let it snap out a few times, and then my 02 was back to normal.
Everyone that has tried this so far has had it work for them.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
You can take it completly apart... Don't need to buy a new on... Pull it apart and clean it... Had mine apart many times... Just gets a little green inside needs cleaned..

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
ZX12richard said:
You can take it completly apart... Don't need to buy a new on... Pull it apart and clean it... Had mine apart many times... Just gets a little green inside needs cleaned..
Bullsh*t!! Ya don't have to disassemble the bastid... Just WD-40 it!! :lol: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts