Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to put some stronger clutch springs on my twelve...does anyone know who sells theam and what type should i get....heard that the zx6r springs are pretty strong..is this true. :shock:

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Go with 2000 ZX6R springs.... They are the answer..... Change all 6 not just 3..... Thats my opinion..

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have heard of barnetts breaking from a couple guys possible they installed it wrong.
The zx6 springs are # 92144-1881 ( 2001 zx6r) kawi part number, kawi parts for kawi bikes I say.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zx6r springs it is...will order them from the local kaw dealer today...how hard is it to replace the springs? do you simply open the clutch cover remove the old springs and replace them with the new springs? or do you have to play around with the fibers and plates?

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
In my opinion the spring install is so simple anyone should be able to do it.... If they can't do that they shouldn't be a bike owner... :lol: :lol: :lol: Its an easy one... :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zx12richard said:
In my opinion the spring install is so simple anyone should be able to do it.... If they can't do that they shouldn't be a bike owner... :lol: :lol: :lol: Its an easy one... :D
thats my type of install :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
It takes more effort to get the side plastic off than to get to the springs :shock: After that, it is downhill from there. :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
Will this mod work on an '02. Has anyone done this mod on an '02. Will the gasket need to be replaced. What are the effects of this mod.

·
Registered
468 Posts
just wondering, what do these clutch springs do?

i'm trying to figure out if i really need them (depending on what they do)...i'm aware that americans had problems with their clutches in their 12s but here in australia i've been told we got a different batch and never had the same problem...do these clutch springs have anything to do with that? what is the difference in terms of riding "feel"?

G

·
0 Posts
I'm sure I'll catch hell over this, but i think the spring's are a waste of
money. The clutch slippage is an oil problem that the spring will not fix.
The only thing the 6r spring's do is make the clutch lever harder to pull
in. The clutch still slip's.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts