Kawasaki World banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my fellow ZX12 riders! My clutch is history!!!! What is the best clutch to put in and where should I order it? I haven't hit the lottery yet so I hope they're not too expensive....

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
if you need a new pac on a 05 you better get a billet basket.if the stocker blows you might lose the engine too.just think of it as a 500.00 insurance policy for your engine.don`t ask me how i know..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Billit basket with drilled hub and slotted release pin. Fill it with only OEM fibers and steels..You will never have to worry about it again.....First thing I do to a 12 before I ride it hard!! Got my currant one (basket) second hand from buddy for 185 bucks....Another buddy who is a machinist did my hub and pin for 100 bucks.....

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
if you need a new pac on a 05 you better get a billet basket.if the stocker blows you might lose the engine too.just think of it as a 500.00 insurance policy for your engine.don`t ask me how i know..
...This is what happened to me last year. Started driving her hard and the clutch basket exploded. Had to get kzscott to strip my engine down and clean.If you need a clutch go to schnitz racing and get the muzzy clutch kit with the plates and hub. It has lasted 20,000 km( 12,000 miles) and still works great. For the extra piece of mind i also chose to go with a used billet basket.:thumbup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
As everyone has said so far OEM or Muzzy. Muzzy uses the OEM fibers if I'm not mistaken. I've been through this nightmare before also, just search Clutch and you'll find a lot of threads on what to and not to buy. I will tell you this from personal experience stay away from Barrnett or you could end up with a huge problem like this

There is another option for you as far as clutches go. Cycle Concepts 803-285-8093 They have what they call a drag pack they are made by the same people in Japan that make the OEM stuff, only to there specs as you can see in the picture and at $200 to my front door there a cost effective option and I didn't have to worry about stack height or anything else it was perfect. This kit didnt come with new springs but he can add them for an extra cost I just used my Barnett springs as he suggested.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
i would also recommend asap a dale walker pc3 electric shifter.i have 52.000 miles on my original pac.i have only change the small first fiber a few times cause it breaks in about 20 pieces every 2 years or so.i have 225 1/4 mile pass`s at gateway on that pac.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just to clearify the kit from cc is the clutch fibers and steels only. Not the gaskets and oil filter. That was the only pic I had and wanted you 2 c they look just like the OEM stuff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts