Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone gonna try these new rotors/pads written up in Sports Rider Magazine this month? They sound almost too good to be true? One third the weight, more stopping power, no warping, better modulation than any system on the market or race track- including carbon rotors! Maybe we could get the price down a bit with a group buy?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I know Jeff Gheres and these parts are made in the UK originally and now some are made here and are 1st quality. I do not think you will be able to find 10 people because these are not cheap, but the work 110%! I used his set up for the 13 inch (330 MM) Disc on my ZX11 great stuff!

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I think I am very likely to try it. But I will save half the money and buy only one disc and caliper!

The real reason, with ordinary brakes, you "need" two discs is for heat absorption capability for multiple stops, not braking power per se. I have in the past run single disc and could still do stoppies. Heat absorption was OK for many kinds of street use but not for constant "on the gas / on the brakes / on the gas / on the brakes" use.

With the ceramic disc, my thinking is that the heat absorption might well be fine, for all but severe racetrack use, and even good enough for quite aggressive and frequent braking in street riding. Don't know till anyone tries it, and if it does work with one disc, the price becomes very reasonable and the unsprung weight savings absolutely tremendous.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Remember not that long ago some GP Racers used 1 Carbon Carbon Brake set up and a regular Cast Iron Disc on the other side. This way, they had stopping that came in real fast on one side and just as it is reaching its limits, the other disc comes up to temp and takes over from there. I used to use two different compound brake pads on each caliper :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts