Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can I use sticks on my A-1 from a late year Kawasaki and if which bike, looking on ebay and wondering if a low mileage late year bike will work instead of buying new.

·
Registered
282 Posts
can I use sticks on my A-1 from a late year Kawasaki and if which bike, looking on ebay and wondering if a low mileage late year bike will work instead of buying new.
someone on here said that the zx10r stick coils fit , but i can not remember what year or who said it ?

i also would like to know ?

and also ,without high jacking your thread ! can all the stick coils be removed without dropping the motor ? i have done the plugs twice before , but did not really look at the stick coils ? i know there was hardly any room to get the stick coils out to get to the plugs !!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what ive read, there is a bendable rubber portion on the sticks that allows for removal wirhout dropping engine.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes you can easily remove them. I would recommend unplugging them before pulling them out of the plug wells. The the connectors should stay in place so there shouldn't be any confusion as to what connectors go to which coil.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks for the replies lads ,, , i shall do mine tomorrow ! ,

We still need to know what other stick coils are compatible ? i defo saw a post on here recently about zx10r ones , but which year , ??

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
ive noticed while some coils fit, the rubber section is different. so some seal out the weather and some dont depending on what bike they work with. this may or may not be an issue for you. we had a customer getting a misfire from not using the correct coils due to water getting down in around the plug. something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cmg, no I have not yet. been colder than a witches tit here in NY my garage isn't heated either and its driving me crazy. I thought they had to have within a specific ohm also.?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts