Kawasaki World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about trying a pair.... Was wondering if anybody else has had any experience with them that they would care to share...

I wonder about how they compare with regular jeans in terms of comfort and fit... How breathable are they as compared to regular jeans.... I was wondering how close their sizes where to Levis....

Any comments would be helpful.....

</p>

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Hey TB(twice)T, I saw a comparison between TBR's and Draggin' jeans. The TBR jeans has significant more kevlar in the seat and knee areas. I went with TBR's. The fit of the TBR jeans is just a little tighter compared to regular jeans.

Not just a barbarian, a great barbarian!</p>

G

·
0 Posts
I've had a set of Draggin' Jeans for 2-3 years now. Loose fit, high waist, very comfortable. The jean material and kevlar inserts are soft. I don't use them for Sunday rides, (leather rules!), but I do use them for trips to the dyno, dealer, etc. I don't commute with my bike. Jeans are NOT a substitute for leather, but I expect the abrasion level of the kevlar jeans to far exceed any cloth jeans.

For any half way serious riding, get some leather pants. BTW, leather acts as an insulator from the heat of the engine, even in the summer heat. I wear leather pants on all Sunday rides, even in the Florida summer. As long as you are moving, they are just fine. A friend of mine, Bandit Steve once said, "I'd rather sweat than bleed."

Bogus

</p>

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
is there anybody that has had firsthand experience with how much protection kevlar reinforced jeans actually provide in the event of a mishap? I know it's kind of a gruesome subject, but I am curious as to how well they'll actually work in the event that you need them. Thanks.

</p>

G

·
0 Posts
Just got a set of "JD" jeans with reinforced/padded knees, etc. from sportmansguide.com. Just from the look and feel of them, I'd rather slide in them than regular jeans, but I don't know how well the canvas outside the reinforced areas will hold up in a spill. I only thought I'd mention them since they're only $20.

</p>

·
Registered
561 Posts
humor..

BUT will they make my AZZ look big?
:shock: [/i]

·
Registered
568 Posts
No they don't make your azz look big as long as you are wearing thong underwear. Now once you get old and start wearing briefs or boxers your dun for. :lol: :shock: :lol: :?:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Some magazine or consumer group tested jeans, kevlar-jeans, and leather some time ago (don't remember where I read it). Some kind of sliding test. There was a very small difference between jeans and the kevlar jeans, and both didn't last for shit in a slide. Leather was far, far, far superior. The article implied that the kevlar jeans were just as lousy in a slide as regular jeans.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Buy leathers, if you like your skin.

If you want proof of what I'm saying, I can provide that.

Its your ass, your leg, your arms. You make the decision. 8)

·
Registered
191 Posts
One thing to remeber about Kevlar, it is tough but it generates heat. If the kevlar in the draggin jeans doesn't slide out of position (which it likely will) you can look forward to 3rd degree burns from the armor. The bright side is you will carderize your abrasions!

Leather or shorts you choose!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts