Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my first mod. Put it on 2 weeks after I bought my 12. Put one on my GL1800 and Buell X1.
My 3rd ZX12. Pissed that I did not try this on other two. Game changer for sure. Think I saw your posts on this seat previously.

Reactions: Barbarian-CBX

·
Registered
19,234 Posts
After 30 mins with the 12R OEM seat, I employed butt burn. With the Corbin, I could ride all day. Plus, I could shift my sweet little butt back and forth negotiating curves. Adds said my GL1800 seat was like sitting on a couch. Wrong, butt burn BIG TIME. One needs a FIRM seat. Otherwise a soft seat will invoke skin into compressed creases and squeeze our all feeling except for the pain of raw nerves. I'd rather my sister work in a whore house, than make my brother ride with an OEM 12R seathole.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Lol Barbarian, you're poor sister.

I have to be honest, I can ride on the stock seat all day, probably 5 or 6 hours of seat time before it bothers me. When it does though, I feel like the inside of my legs near my rear is raw.

I can only imagine how good the Corbin is.

·
Registered
19,234 Posts
Well. I weight 235 lbs. So I prolly shove more butt into the seat than a normal rider. I try to put a lot of force into my toes on the pegs and squeeze the fake tank with my 66 year old sexy thighs. But after 10 or 15 minutes, I just plant my ass on the seat and rest.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yea I get it, I'm 6'3" and was 280 and lost about 60 pounds, so sure that helped too. I will order one this year. Oh and as an edit I am sure my triple clamp that raises bars 1.5 inch along with another inch from Helibars help too.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes. I put on ABM bars & with this seat, so much more comfortable. I have adjustable rearsets coming to make it even better. I am 5"11 & 22o lbs. Was 250 4 months ago & realized I was fat. Hit the weights & dropped the beer.

·
Registered
19,234 Posts
I sold it to a collector in The Netherlands last October. It was finally shipped about a month ago. I just can't bear the the pain to post her pics or other stuff about. Well, OK, I shall.

The mighty 1999 Buell X1 Lightning Factory Special Edition Carbon Fiber Extreme, 173 of only 250 made. Employs a special carbon fiber using a blue thread manufactured by Hans (Debotech). This is not your father's Sportster. 101 bhp and 90 ft-lbs torque from this 1203 cc twin.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am 6' 3 215 And have no issues with the stock seat. What I do struggle with is the bar position and my elbows start burning after about 50 miles. And I have to haul it home. Getting old!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I struggle with bar position too.
I'm pretty sure seat is std issue but it's not hard now.
I didn't do work, I bought bike used.
It had fallen on stand and been refurbished with paint, exhaust can, seat, etc to my best knowledge.

Anyway, seat has gel underlay. Works a treat. Looks same as std except when pressing upon fabric, anyone could feel her absorbance .
Doesn't stick, butt slides just as easily as std cover.
Looks like std cover anyway, simply with gel underlay.
I like it.

Note: maybe another option? Std seat with gel contours creating a gel sandwich.

Boats

·
Registered
79 Posts
I used to be 6' 4 and am I'm about 15 years behind you my friend. So great you are riding strong. My plan too.

Great discussion points guys. Seats and bars!

·
Registered
150 Posts
The was the first mod I did to my 12R just after a bought it new in 01'. I could not ride any longer than 30mins with that torture of a stock saddle. My groin killed me! With the Corbin, I did a 5400km, 11 day road trip with it, a year later, without any issues! Highly recommend it! The biggest difference is you sit "on' the Corbin rather than straddling around the stock seat. Much better!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, raised bars were just as important to me. I spent $1000 on bars, seat, rearsets & it is a different bike. Feel more like a tourer now than a sport bike. The seat basin of the Corbin is wider & flatter in both directions, spreading your weight more evenly vs stock & provides better back support. You have way more surface contact as a result & also are not pushed into the tank, so double win. This is why a stocker with a gel pad or improved foam cannot compete.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mhinchley.
Thanks.
I'm often on my tank.
Added Corbin to want list of build.. Ain't high priority, as bike builds, relatively low budget flows float, idea of less knackering higher priority than a turbo aye.
Gels nice though. Used to on tank to slot side road into main traffic gaps. Ain't fast, just quick enough to maintain movement and grounded to keep control. Like a turtle

1 - 20 of 20 Posts