Kawasaki World banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one out there hear about problems with the cruise control on the 1700 Nomad (or on the Voyager since I think it's the same thing). Mine stopped working after only using it two times. The bike only had 275 Kms (that's right, 2 hundred and seventy-five kilometers. It is brand new.) on it. It's been in the shop twice to try to get it repaired. Both times the same thing. It works for two or three times, the won't engage. I've been told they have replaced all the sensore switches on the front brake, the rear brake, the brake lights, the gear shifter, the clutch lever. But once it goes off each time, the error message on the diagnostic seems to suggest a switch has gone bad again. They think it may be a kinked wire or something casing a short. They also talk about checking the throttle position sensor, and maybe the CDI unit. They dealer said they have called Kawasaki Canada for advice, but have not heard back for a few days. I just got it back from the dealer for the May 24 long weekend in Canada, so I'll have to ride with a dysfunctional cruise control and then take it back next week to try to get it fixed. The dealer has said not to worry, they will trace down the problem. It is only a matter of time. Oh well.

Anyone else heard of anything like this, and if yes, any suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All fixed. The light switch on the rear brake pedal was out of adjustment, which meant a signal was going to the cruise control unit making it think the brake was being applied all the time, hence cruise control was permanently disengaging.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks!!! I have a 2012 Voyager and the cruise control quit, adjusted the limit switch on the bottom of the foot pedal (square switch with a set screw that hits a tin arm) a turn in. IT WORKS!!! The cruise switch is separate from the brake light switch which is located on the top of the pedal / cylinder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts