Kawasaki World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Many people have asked me where my custom Billet Upper Clamp came from. It was on the bike when I bought it. After about a year of looking, I found a post that was 18 years old on the Bike land forums. In that post, I saw a mention of a custom clamp offered by Spencer Cycles. I thought it might be a long shot, but sent them an email. Here is the response from Doug Ray, the owner.

"WOW! Yes those were made by us back then. That was most likely one of the very first we ever had done because the logo of MaxV Billet wasn't engraved on but a very few of them. That one looks to have the tall risers on it...we had 3 different heights at one time and they were interchangeable. It was way ahead of its time at the time....We never sold them black...they had a really nice finish when new that was unique. Yours looks to have that finish still.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Doug Ray"

The one I have was the 1.5 inch risers. Evidently they are interchangeable, if you had the other sizes. It makes a world of difference with Helibars. He said they would never be made again, as the original employee that made them, passed away in a plane crash.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Alright, let's get a group buy going

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
CMG, I think there's a woodcraft key switch eliminator that will fit the 12R as well if you're keen on not dealing with a key anymore.
I’ve looked on there site and talked to them about it but they wouldn’t say if or what would work? Zx10 or zx6???

cmg

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't like the look of the clamp, but I love the look of the gauges built in the clamp. What would be really nice is to machine grooves for the healtech shift light and the gear indicator. Now that would be very cool.

Nice find!

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
If you want to spend stupid money I have a line on a much nicer line of complete CNC yokes which are made to order.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never seen one of those! Ty for the Pic. Pretty cool.

Yea, so when you sit on the bike, it makes the chain tighter. That's why it makes that noise if it is a little tight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts