Kawasaki World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got me a B2H with A model fairings fitted and was debating cutting back the air scoop that protrudes from under the nose fairing.With me drilled black lens protectors,it makes the front end look like a suprised fish!I wasnt going to go too far back,just sculpt it a bit.Would this affect the induction?The opening wouldn't be any narrower,just further back.Any feedback guys would be greatly appreciated.:headscratch:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Some aerodynamicists would argue the bikes front fairing causes an area of high pressure "X" amount of inches out front and that the snorkel is positioned directly behind this pressure area.

Changing the position or shape of the snorkel could conceivably alter engine performance under high speed conditions.

Call Aidrian Newey.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
You'll only get any ram air effect when you're well up to speed. And I mean speeds that will get you locked up in the UK. Unless you are well into warp speeds I shouldn't worry about it. It isn't going to make any difference to real world speeds or sub ton acceleration.

This one has A model headlights but a B model air intake.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for that Shep,was thinking much the same myself.Too late now anyway as i've pulled it off,attacked it first with an angle-grinder,then sculped it into shape with a Dremmel.Bike's in the middle of a winter strip down at the moment.Once i've got it all back together i'll post a few pictures.I've also bought a carbon ZX9 front mudgaurd which will fit with minimal alteration,so hopefully she should look a little different when i'm done!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts