Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here goes folks, let see if I can post this article from Cycle Canada magazine on the 12 vs. BUSA track test at Mosport International Raceway, in Ontario, Canada.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Interesting article, somepoints I disagree others agree.
Mostly I just wanted to comment that I was really surprised how initially the pages came up as links. But now having read the article it comes up in the thread. cool

·
Registered
306 Posts
Tells us we already knew, the 12 kicks Ass!

In all seriousness, Cycle Canada is one of the best out there for their content and editorial commentary. The Editor Bruce Reeve has written some fantastic commentaries on the general state of motorcyling.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
The one thing that people miss with the comparison, and rightly so.... Is that a ZX-12R opens up it's power band much more than a Hayabusa with the same mods. Stock per stock I would say the Hayabusa and the 12 are close in power and acceleration, but when you put a pipe on both the 12 leaves the Busa behind. Yes you can also say, but if I bore out the Busa I can get more displacement, if I turbo charge the Busa I can get more power...... That is all fine, but for people that want a very rideable and useable machine for all around eating up the roads that don't have $12,000 to put into extra mods, a ZX-12R with a Stepped Hindle, or Akrapovic etc. will put most Busa's out of their misery and have the added bonus of looking and riding well at the same time.

But it is not fair to take about aftermarket when doing a stock vs. stock comparison. The catalytic converter and rich mapping of the stock 12 do not do it justice, but it looks like the designers though ahead for putting aftermarket pipes on.

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
How rich is a stock map. My fuel mileage sucks. My friend with his 12 with a full Muzzy and PCIIIR w/Muzzy map pulls down consistent 40-43 mpg with all kinds of riding, not just babying it. I baby mine on the highway and am lucky to get 30mpg. SUCKS :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAYABUGLY :roll: :shock: .........I did not even realize that I typed that originally. I noticed after I posted the message.

I don't know what I was thinking....maybe it was a subliminal message after looking at the pictures in the article? :oops:

Fitting name :?:

·
Registered
123 Posts
typical

These guys did give some credit to the 12 -- but typical. They love the Busa and how convenient that the Busa recorded its times and the 12 didn't. It definitely was a better report card than we have received in the past, but not what I was hoping for.

One of these days the man behind the curtain will be exposed and everyone will see that the wizard is wearing a ZX-12R shirt.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're right it is a pretty unbiased report.

But look what the test riders had to says, this speaks for itself.

Don't listen to fools.........the 12 rules!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts