Kawasaki World banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so about 2 weeks ago I got the bike out of the lockup and decided to go for a spin. over the last 4 years I have probbaly done about 1000 miles on the bike (and I am probably on the top side with 1000 as well) anyway, started the bike up and then set off then down the road the bike started to stutter so I thought I was low on fuel (it was flashing) so I pulled into the petro station and filled her up.
Set off gain still stuttering so I limped back to the lockup
When I got back the end can was red hot, seemded a lot hotter than usual, any let bike cool down and put away.
Went back down a week later got bike out and started her up, running rough, still stuttering,let run for about 20 seconds
Felt the exhaust and 1 & 3 were still cold but 2&4 were hot.
As I was starting the bike I did notice there was a sort of screaching coming from the petrol tank so thought OMG I bet teh fuel pump has gone so I drained petrol tank off fuel pump removed stroipped down cleaned bit of crap back together, fuel works perfect now but still no firing in 1&3 (I do have a video of me doing the fuel pump in youtube, some swearing though,this is the link )

Video 1

Video 2

I have a new oil filter and some new spark plugs and new exhaust gaskets so I'm going to change these as a matter of course

Any ideas on whats wrong?

Jason

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
i would be checking/changing spark plugs first.

exh gaskets would not be on my list to change

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would be checking/changing spark plugs first.

exh gaskets would not be on my list to change
Hi, Yeah the only reason I was going to do this was because I had planned to do it ages ago, anyway I have now changed the plugs and it has worked, its back to firing on 4 cylinders again, happy days :)
Plug Change

1 - 3 of 3 Posts