Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Low speed, it was chilly this morning and the water trail from a refridgerator (I presume) truck froze up. Tucked the front and slit into the back of a safari. Bing bang boom, scuffed leathers, exploded front cowling etc and oil from the clutch cover.

Bad morning!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah fully insured but our insurance in BC sucks, its almost worst having it insured than not.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Real Sorry to hear it!

Glad you're OK!
I went down a couple of months ago on my VMax in similar circumstances: came around a sharp turn and hit a bunch of hydraulic fluid, like syrup on pancakes...went down hard :oops: ---still fixing the damage...glad I had leathers on. Let us know how you come out---or if there anything we can help with. Good luck Mister!
Zx12eR

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I'm fine, just bruised my ego :p

Hey Blue9r I was days away from changing my insurance over lol, now I gotta deal with icbc. I'd be interested in that clutch cover to reduce the repair costs for sure!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Man that sux, atleast your ok.

Btw do you go to SBW in Kellowna? I try to get up there every year. Next year I'll be running the shoot out, my bike was running too fat up there this year.

I ran with a small group (954, '02 9R, 929, R6), they couldn't believe how fast my old '98 was, hehe. The guy on the 954 was an x-racer too and he could just keep me in sight :) The guy on the '02 9R was not happy about a '98 blowin him away, he wanted the Muzzy kit so bad, lol. I love the roads up there I can't wait till next year.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't been up to SBW yet, I meant to go this year but work and stuff sortof kept me away. I'll likely be there next year tho, mostly as a tourist but I might go for a ride while I'm there.. lots of crashes though, just sooo many bikes I'm told.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah there are crashes but that's not because off the amount of people. Actually this year was better because they had I think 7 diffrent routes so things were alot more thinned out. I took the origanal route and the opposit direction so there wern't too many people. It's alot of fun IMO, there were a few that did things in town that wasn't too cool but for the most it's a great event.

·
Registered
263 Posts
when I crashed mine it ended up way better than it ever would have been if I hadnt crash, just rebuild it, you'll have fun and it will make your bike much more "yours"

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
That is a real drag about the accident. You almost made it through the season.
Hang in there, you may find you end up with a newer bike that you can start all over with.

Good luck.

·
Registered
217 Posts
So is ICBC fixing'er up or was there more than you thought?

You won't be wanting to try that saddle of mine out soon I guess..... :D

Hey, it sucks but the important thing is that YOU'RE all right.....

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No word from icbc yet, I'm clueless as to what the repair bill will be.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like a writeoff!?! wtf, 15kph lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Marcos Peguero said:
If you whant to fix the clutch, buy JB weld and fix it.
That JB weld is very good for that kind of things.
I had some kids push mine over this past summer, one of the screws from the fairings rubbed right thru the magnesium cover.... had a welding company do it up for me.... $30.... works like a charm

Moto24 said:
Btw do you go to SBW in Kellowna? I try to get up there every year. Next year I'll be running the shoot out, my bike was running too fat up there this year.

I recently went down too, looks almost like blue9rs' bike.... and speaking of SBW, i was there for the first time this year, and awesome isn't even the word. we hit the osoyoos run on sat, then took the nakusp route home to calgary, actually some of the nakusp footage is in our next mini vid...... it was way too much to handle for only two days, our group is going out there for a week next summer...... hope to see most of you there

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I still have some bits left off this bike that I salvaged before it was hauled away (or had laying around):

LP V2 windscreen (smoke) (00-01)
factory pro +4 deg ignition advancer
factory pro k27-1.7-RK jet kit (94-97 only) (don't ask) (unused)
factory pro k88-1.7-RK jet kit (00-01 only) (used for half season)
toolkit
factory shop manual
owners manual
stock exhaust system

If anybody needs a hookup on any of these let me know (I'm in BC canada).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts