Kawasaki World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Spring fellas.

The beast has had a tidy up and a new battery.
I now want to lose the poxy datatool alarm/immobiliser.
Anyone remember doing it?
Any pointers for when my bike won't run after ripping it out?

Ta
Shep.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I would read the installation instructions first and see what's what...if you know how to fit it you are well on your way to removing it :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be a logical start....
But Datatool claim that the products are dealer only install. They do not supply instructions, diagrams or any info at all to non datatool distributors. Bunch of twats.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It's easy mate, I did mine last year when it started playing up, mine was a system 3. Just trace the datatool loom where it joins the main loom and you should find that most of the plain black alarm wires are soldered onto the bikes wires without the bikes wires actually being cut, just the insulation pulled back for soldering. On these I just cut off the black alarm wires and put new insulation on, a bit of self amalgamaging tape did the trick. On mine there was only two wires of the main loom that were cut and the alarm wiring soldered onto these, ignition and fuel pump if I remember right. Just reconnect these and Bob should be your uncle.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks chaps,
I'll have a go mid week or maybe next weekend. I'll feedback when I've done it.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I bet the old bill arrested him for trying to steal it. >:)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry guys... got my priorities all wrong.
Spent my recent free time trying to get girlfriend's pants off and digging in new soil pipe at home.
It's not an urgent one.. it's working ok and the battery in fob is reasonably new, I just fancied getting it off the bike next time I get myself into maintenance mode. :thumbup:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sorry guys... got my priorities all wrong.
Spent my recent free time trying to get girlfriend's pants off and digging in new soil pipe at home.
It's not an urgent one.. it's working ok and the battery in fob is reasonably new, I just fancied getting it off the bike next time I get myself into maintenance mode. :thumbup:
eerrr should "get girlfriend's pants off and digging in new soil pipe" be in the same sentence?? lol

glad it's not causing you any trouble though.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
eerrr should "get girlfriend's pants off and digging in new soil pipe" be in the same sentence?? lol

glad it's not causing you any trouble though.
Lol.
Well, as girlfriends go this one is still "making an effort". So it probably reads right. I have also connected up a new bathroom. 0:)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Any update on getting girlfriends pant off, :crackup:

Hows the soil pipe !!!!:laugh:

Pants are still easily loosened by wine. Unfortunately after the de-pansing, discovered the old soil pipe was well out of shape and clogged up. Decided best course of action was to smash it out and slip in a length. Sent a few loads down there since, they've gone somewhere. Off my property.. not my problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts