Kawasaki World banner

161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Sitting here reading this, wishing I am there, hopefully in 2014 if there's a DG on:crazyloco::thumbup:

Have a great time fellas, lots of pics required:thumbup:

Don.

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
Just checked the Extended for the Knoxville area & it looks pretty good!! Greatest (predicted) rain chance is 20%, and the heat seems to be moderated somewhat... :thumbup::thumbup:

10 Day ForecastUpdated: Jun 1, 2012, 11:19pm EDT

Sat Jun 2
76°
59°
Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN: 0%

Sun Jun 3
83°
63°
Mostly Sunny
CHANCE OF RAIN: 10%

Mon Jun 4
82°
68°
Partly Cloudy

Tue Jun 5
79°
63°
Partly Cloudy

Wed Jun 6
79°
62°
Partly Cloudy

Thu Jun 7
81°
64°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN: 20%

Fri Jun 8
84°
65°
Partly Cloudy
CHANCE OF RAIN: 20%

Sat Jun 9
86°
68°
Partly Cloudy

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Now for the real problem - WTF do I do with this stank-assed 6-pack of PBR?? :tard::tard:
Well, you could always use it to degrease the chain, just make sure you wash it off before it starts eating into the metal. And for goodness sake, don't get it on the paint!

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
I'm wanting to go, but have a group meeting at Barber MS on June 9th. My consideration is to ride the TotD Sunday on the way back home from Birmingham. It will be a last moment decision.

This past Sunday, May 27th, I made the 594 mile round trip through the TotD from Clarksville. Here is a photo from the Killboy guys.

I certainly would like to say "hey" to you guys.

Marc
Copter - It would be good to see you if you can make it!! If you're in ClarksVegas, we should hook-up sometime... :thumbup::thumbup:

Sitting here reading this, wishing I am there, hopefully in 2014 if there's a DG on:crazyloco::thumbup:

Have a great time fellas, lots of pics required:thumbup:

Don.
Don - You have my word, Sir, when you get to Deal's Gap, I will buy you a frosty beer - You just let me know when!! :crazyloco::crazyloco:

Ya Bastirds!!! :thumbup:
Fly into Knoxville - I'll pick you up on my way in!! Rent a bike for a few days!!

+1!

Hope you guys have a blast, and hope CBX heals up enough to ride... we need the entertainment!
+1 on CBX's healment... Back problems suck major, but ya never know - That sumbitch might just show... He's a tough bastid... :lol::lol:

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
Well, you could always use it to degrease the chain, just make sure you wash it off before it starts eating into the metal. And for goodness sake, don't get it on the paint!
Found a use for the PBR after all... It is a great weed-killer!! :thumbup::thumbup: Thanks for the chain degreaser idea, tho... might work in a pinch!! :crazyloco::crazyloco:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dg 2012

Well as anyone can guess, the gap offered a great week of the most awsome roads one could ride. Although the group was small the attendies were huge. Rocket,GOO200,Grumpy, OlGrey1 and the Kiwi made 2012 a year that I will never forget. We laughed, smiled and talked for hours on end sharing stories of days past, eating some great food and enjoying a cold one at the end of everyday. I want to thank you guys for one of the greatest weeks I have had in a long time. May you guys ride forever with the shinny side up and the rubber side down only to be graded on an extreme lean in a curve. Well thats about it from me as the Kiwi is waiting for me to take a ride on the Harley. Rocket yes on the Harley. LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I'm in for sure but I'm going to have to pass on Fontana Village, I have found 2 other options if people are interested. Pumpkin Center resort it is located at hwy 129 and hwy 72 and then Deals Gap at the other end of the tail at Hwy 129 and hwy 28 just down the road from the Fontana Village. I'm going to check availability Monday morning. I do know Pumpkin Center is already booked 4 months in advance but there rooms are $55 to 95 for cabins. And theres Deals Gap depending on the amount of people, rooms go from $59 to $119 (that's a apartment room that sleeps up to 6 people) and at both lodges they have kitchens in some of the units to help with food costs. I apologize if I am out of line for posting optional lodging but I'd like to see as many people show up as possible and with the economy the way it is I personally have to be very careful in what I spend. Not to mention I had to cut into the wife's California trip so after we leave from The Dragon were headed straight to Ol Nor Cal. 5200 miles in 12 days ouch!! anyone in Cali wanna hit Hwy 9 out Santa Cruz??

·
Registered
19,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Hey guys I'm in for sure but I'm going to have to pass on Fontana Village, I have found 2 other options if people are interested. Pumpkin Center resort it is located at hwy 129 and hwy 72 and then Deals Gap at the other end of the tail at Hwy 129 and hwy 28 just down the road from the Fontana Village. I'm going to check availability Monday morning. I do know Pumpkin Center is already booked 4 months in advance but there rooms are $55 to 95 for cabins. And theres Deals Gap depending on the amount of people, rooms go from $59 to $119 (that's a apartment room that sleeps up to 6 people) and at both lodges they have kitchens in some of the units to help with food costs. I apologize if I am out of line for posting optional lodging but I'd like to see as many people show up as possible and with the economy the way it is I personally have to be very careful in what I spend. Not to mention I had to cut into the wife's California trip so after we leave from The Dragon were headed straight to Ol Nor Cal. 5200 miles in 12 days ouch!! anyone in Cali wanna hit Hwy 9 out Santa Cruz??
Uh. You might be a wee bit tardy. I think DG 2012 was spent.

161 - 180 of 187 Posts