21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
25,299 Posts

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
Wow! Might hire an R1 for a few days, might help me keep up. :evil:
Uh... yeah... You showed me (& almost everybody else) the taillight 2-up on Gary's BMW, so I'm sure the R1 will help you "keep up" pretty fuc*ing well!! :lol::lol:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Bought a R1200RT. Tried it in the gap last year and it actually handles well for what it is. Got cruise control, heated seat, radio etc. getting old. :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Bought a R1200RT. Tried it in the gap last year and it actually handles well for what it is. Got cruise control, heated seat, radio etc. getting old. :thumbup:
Very nice. :thumbup:

I can see you and Barbarian setting the pace through the Gap, everyone else struggling to keep up. :runaway:

Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

·
Registered
19,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Probably need to start looking at prospective dates. It starts getting pretty hot late June through August. Suggestions? Then will do a poll and tie down a week.

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
Probably need to start looking at prospective dates. It starts getting pretty hot late June through August. Suggestions? Then will do a poll and tie down a week.
I'd suggest selecting from some early June dates:
w/o 06/03
w/o 06/10
w/o 06/17

History of this group's rallies @ DG indicate these dates prolly works best for the greatest number of participants - BUT I'll go with whatever the group decides...

:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'd suggest selecting from some early June dates:
w/o 06/03
w/o 06/10
w/o 06/17

History of this group's rallies @ DG indicate these dates prolly works best for the greatest number of participants - BUT I'll go with whatever the group decides...

:thumbup::thumbup:
Early June sounds good to me. I will touch base with the rest of the ChiTown crew to post/see what they think.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Eary June sounds good to me too. Once a specific week is set I will put in for the time. Hopefully everything will work out. The practice I work for is being purchased by a large health care system and we will be finding out how things will work over the next month. With any luck there will not be any major changes and I will not have a problem getting the time.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Been some time since I've been on here and I have to say I have missed it. Added two more bikes to the inventory since a year ago....2011 Honda CBR 1000RR (Repsol) and a 2011 Honda CBR250R (for GF). For sure I'll have the ZX-14 and Repsol there.

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
It's good to see the strong interest in this thread...

The rally is truly an unforgettable experience. It's all about the people. ...Oh, and CBX...

:evil::evil::evil:

·
Registered
440 Posts
I was just wondering if there was anyone going from Texas? I am looking at (chough cough) trailering my bike back there and I would have room for 2 more bikes on the trailer. (Nice to have tools and a means to get home if you break, call my old I guess) For anyone intrested the Edge gets about the same fuel milage as the 1270 lol. I could even stop along the way and pick someone up if needed. Just a though! I may even bring the 250 if I get that bug going.

·
Registered
751 Posts
i"ll be going for my first time the first week of July.
I think i'll rent a bike though.
Only reason is the wife and kid are going, and its easier to just take one car to her Aunts place in Tennessee. That and I may be bringing another vehicle back with me too.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I was looking at youtube and found quite a few vids of it but this one got my attention. Commercial vehicles over a certain length are prohibited from this stretch of highway aren't they. Has anyone come across this problem while ridding the tail? I would hate to see this in person

:banghead:

21 - 40 of 62 Posts