Kawasaki World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Anyone know of a tool to display live data from the 12? I have a bluedriver for my cars and it is great, Hoping there is something like that available, thanks.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hi guys,
Anyone know of a tool to display live data from the 12? I have a bluedriver for my cars and it is great, Hoping there is something like that available, thanks.
Hey, from what I know, there is no such tool (for sure not for A1 model), only option do discover any fault is yellow wire in under passanger seat cover.
You have to ground it and after that will show via FI light error codes, for more accurate info check owner manual.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, from what I know, there is no such tool (for sure not for A1 model), only option do discover any fault is yellow wire in under passanger seat cover.
You have to ground it and after that will show via FI light error codes, for more accurate info check owner manual.
I appreciate the reply thanks for the info

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Anything the ECU sees can be seen by you. Just depends on how much money you want to spend. You're not going to find a $20 OBD setup like you can for.your car. You're looking at spending a little more money. They do make scan tools for them. That one above may very well work. Keep in mind that there is really no bi-directional stuff you can do. These bikes are OL as well. So, all you'll really be able to do is monitor data PIDS and be impressed by the primitive nature of the electronics. Anything back then was basic by todays standards. Bikes are well behind automotive applications. They are starting to catch up.nowadays. Can't wait for air bags....😂

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anything the ECU sees can be seen by you. Just depends on how much money you want to spend. You're not going to find a $20 OBD setup like you can for.your car. You're looking at spending a little more money. They do make scan tools for them. That one above may very well work. Keep in mind that there is really no bi-directional stuff you can do. These bikes are OL as well. So, all you'll really be able to do is monitor data PIDS and be impressed by the primitive nature of the electronics. Anything back then was basic by todays standards. Bikes are well behind automotive applications. They are starting to catch up.nowadays. Can't wait for air bags....😂
Not sure what you mean when you said " these bikes are OL " I sent off a request to healtech asking what parameters can be monitored with there tool, no reply yet. I have never ridden a modern bike, I am a bit of a relic myself, maybe I would love launch control and quick-shifters. I do know my 20 yr old 12r makes me a better rider everytime I take it out I am not sure a modern bike would do the same

1 - 7 of 7 Posts