Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm looking into getting the DID 530 x-ring chain for my 12R. Anybody on here have experience on the chain please advice.

Ps if anybody has the circuit map for the headlight relay in the jb of the mighty beast PM in its direction or send it my way.

Thank you in advance.:crazyloco:

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
I'm running a DID 530 ZVMX x-ring chain on mine. Bought it off ebay from Bombay Motorsports, California, about a year and a half ago, I haven't checked prices since.
Anyways, its all good, supposedly next level compared to the oem DID chain

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running a DID 530 ZVMX x-ring chain on mine. Bought it off ebay from Bombay Motorsports, California, about a year and a half ago, I haven't checked prices since.
Anyways, its all good, supposedly next level compared to the oem DID chain

Ta SteveW! thumbup:

I'm definitely getting one tomorrow and a 17/46 sprocket setup.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
My current chain is the latest DID 530 X ring. Seems great after a bad experience with an expensive Tsubaki chain.
The DID link was a nice easy to fit soft link. It only needs a pretty basic fitting tool. Tsubaki was a hard link that needed a 4 way riveting tool and a lump hammer.

My next chain will be a DID I expect.
If you are changing the 18t front sprocket, the OEM rubberised sprocket if far quieter that some steel shouldered alternatives.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wouldn't it be best to rivert chain than to use the chain link lockup that comes with it?

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Mine had to be riveted.. thats the style of master link that came with it

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm not talking about a clip type fitting. That wouldn't cope and I doubt they would do one for a 530 chain.

I'm talking about a solid link as pictured here. It has a soft hollow tip that you dish out to stop the plate moving rather than a hard ended link that you have to fit with a riveting tool.
Neither option is going to allow the plate to come off.
I have both tools and would put in a soft link every time given the choice.

You can usually use the same tool that presses on the plate to rivet a soft link. You will need something like a "whale" tool to do a hard link yourself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll let the guys I'm buying the chain from install it for me.

Ninjayorkie; I already did the relay test and even the stator fix following some stickies I found on here, maximum kudos to the guy that put it up.its quite illusive to find a replacement relay so I was thinking if I knew what pins are what, I could actually find an ordinary relay and wire it in the jb. My lights come on the moment I turn on the ignition because of the relay bypass.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Ninjayorkie; I already did the relay test and even the stator fix following some stickies I found on here, maximum kudos to the guy that put it up.its quite illusive to find a replacement relay so I was thinking if I knew what pins are what, I could actually find an ordinary relay and wire it in the jb. My lights come on the moment I turn on the ignition because of the relay bypass.
I put up a big list of Junction boxes that you could use off other bikes that would drop straight in, which would work out cheaper than sourcing a relay, though I did source some relays and got five of them off ebay.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anybody ever heard of the RK 530 x-ring? Some guys in South Africa recommended I stick it in once I'm done with my new DID. I hear the tensile strength on that is over 10k pounds! So it might just be my next thing on line.

Please post put link to the compatible junction boxes of difeerent bikes you mentioned.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Anybody ever heard of the RK 530 x-ring? Some guys in South Africa recommended I stick it in once I'm done with my new DID. I hear the tensile strength on that is over 10k pounds! So it might just be my next thing on line.

Please post put link to the compatible junction boxes of difeerent bikes you mentioned.
EK?
The EK chains used to come with a nice little spacer to stop you putting the plate on too tight.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts