Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Just about to pick up my 10/12 built ZX-14r, the dealer has said that it is a 2013.

Is this correct?

Does anyone have the correct build dates for each year model of the ZX-14 in all versions?

and

What are the differences between a 12 and a 13?

done loads of searches but no difinitive answer....

thanks

Ash

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
This may be a stupid question but what does the title say? I've seen products stamped November with the same year on the title.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Tooling change. It takes a mid-year change to update body part changes, engines, etc. So there is a certain production run, then the assembly line more or less stops. Your bike is built a few months before the new production release = Why you see the build badge showing last year's build month.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm thanks for this guys.Really Appreciated!

The main issue I have is that the engine is the Newer engine which is 1441 and not the older version..... without a dyno I can't tell... or can I?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also, I found that doing a VIN decoder tells you what make year it is aswell..... for anyone else reading this thread in the future.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Uhh...the new engine started for the '12 model year, produced in '11. No 14R's have the old engine.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Second gen have tone wheels, but ABS has two brake hoses up at the right side frame neck.

Old engine has an idle cable. New gen eliminated a choke cable and is now electronically adjusted to idle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts