Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is 99 model, stock discs
I can't turn the rotors with my fingers, i tried couple of hours to clean them but i still can't move them with finger, On this model are stronger ?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
do you mean the rotor buttons and not the rotors themselves? How did you clean them? there is a youtube video on how to do to it. Are the rotors also floaters or semi-floaters? I'm not sure on the zx9 what is there but if they are not at least semi-floaters(?) I believe the buttons don't spin.
Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Lou

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the buttons. I tried clean them like on youtube but they are not moving with fingers that s why i asked if its normal.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
If I remember correctly the first time I did mine I couldn't move them either by fingers. I've done them 3 times and the 3rd time they did move but very little by hand. Haven't needed to do them since. I figure if they can be moved with little effort by tool they should be fine.

Lou

·
Registered
1,910 Posts

Are you able to put a nut and bolt through the button, tighten it, then use a spanner to turn the nut and bolt to free up the button !!!!

Thanx Dave.

·
Super Moderator
1,241 Posts
^this is how I've done it..

·
Registered
11 Posts
If they're crudded up you'll not move them by hand and even after you use the method above they should still be difficult by hand, they're a semi-floating disc, full floaters rattle. I use the above nut n bolt method about twice a year, usually just before and just after winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts