Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, does anyone know how far it takes to get a zx12r to top speed? I was looking at a couple of top speed events that are being held on old runways. These runways are under 2 miles long- is that actually long enough to get up to top speed, with time to stop at the other end?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Yes. Plenty of room.
It takes a 12 with the basic bolt ons, a good tune, lowered some to go 185-190+/- in 1 mile from a standing start. That will be in 6th with the engine at full song. If you have a mile to shut down, you won’t even use the brakes to make the turn around.

cmg

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
a longer track will get you a little bit more speed. most lsr events are 1 mile. the tach will be moving really slow by the time you get to a mile with stock power.

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
the performance intake and exh combo lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
It takes at least 1,5 miles to reach drag limited top speed with long gearing. I have ran 185mph @ 0,8 mile and 189,2mph @ 1 mile here in Finland. It was speed event. Bike was still accelerating. Mods: Devil full exhaust, PC3, K&N filter, 17/45 gearing & 190/55 rear tyre and Muzzy's Bonneville box. 164whp max power. Rider weight approximately 250lbs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It takes at least 1,5 miles to reach drag limited top speed with long gearing. I have ran 185mph @ 0,8 mile and 189,2mph @ 1 mile here in Finland. It was speed event. Bike was still accelerating. Mods: Devil full exhaust, PC3, K&N filter, 17/45 gearing & 190/55 rear tyre and Muzzy's Bonneville box. 164whp max power. Rider weight approximately 250lbs.
17 stone........................when the weather is good it get my arse (skinny) on the bike and try to clearance on Chivenor's runway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts