Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why this is hooked like this? Can it be or did someone mess it up previously?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I "think" they're meant to be the tank breather hose outlets that would normally go down to a filter or such. Looks like someone did a shonky job blocking both off together!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yea that's your problem. That's your tank overflow valve. So they looped it like morons. One is the breather, the other is the drain. Both need their own sections. It's an easy fix so don't worry about it, just correct it. When it gets hot out, they will have some pressure like you were describing. If done right, you won't have the gas cap drainage issue.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i 3 nipple outlets on tank. I have the one on left and the 2 there that they have connected. The one on the left is consistantly dripping gas now. Would fixing these 2 connected stop the leaking on the other side?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That diagram was to a zx12r i switched it over to 2006 zx14 and i could need see where they put diagram of hose at

·
Registered
314 Posts
My mistake, you posted in the zx12r forum as well, so I was confused. At any rate, very easy to Google the image you need, don't need me to do it for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts