Kawasaki World banner

doesn't want to go over 60

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  2wheelObsessed 
#1 ·
Just bought a 06 ninja 500r and it's been having problems getting over sixty . I have no problem shifting up to sixty but when I do it won't go faster . It will also lose power then pick up and slow back down . I just ordered new spark plugs and about to spray carb cleaner in it . Just need a little help.

#2 ·
Spray carb cleaner where?

Does it pull hard in the lower gears?

Sounds like your issues could be,

1- carbs dirty- bike will consistently do the same thing at same rpm, i.e pull perfect, or st u mbles everytime at 5k...

2- vaccuum leak- bike may do behave inconsistently, runs good sometimes maybe sometimes doesnt, hangs revs, stumbles when gas applied...

3- feul flow obstructed- check your tank for rust, check the petcock has good vaccuum to it, and lets fuel into the fuel line to the carbs, check fuel filter if you have one. If you dont install one.

This should get you going, if you give more detailed description of symptoms we can zero in on the issue...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.