Kawasaki World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I played a little hooky from work this morning and took a turn around Mt. St. Helens up here in Washington. My brother on an RC-51, my friend on his Duc 996, and me on the 12.

Around a track is one thing, on a drag strip is another. But through the twisties, the ZX-12 handles itself really well! Keep those Arps up in the 6 or 7 grand plus range and the 12 will pull itself (and my fat ass) through the hairpins and sweepers with the best of them. I know there's a lot of drag racers in this forum, but before you slam your 12 and install that nitrous - take a turn through the twisties and feel the power baby!

There's nothing better than getting back from a ride and finding the edges of your tires all boogered up!

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
I am a drag racer, but I can't argure with jmbrenner. Mine handles the twisties quite nicely, really nice with the 180/55ZR17! :D

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
A good rider on a ZX12R would be some hard to go by on certain roads....especialy mid to long sweepers. Roads like the gap though would trequire a bit more work, but still get it on some quick.
If these 12's are concidered heavy, slugish stearing bikes, then I am an old slugish driver. The 12 rocks in my book.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Thanks, man! Now I'm gonna spend all day thinking about that ride, my personal favorite. For those who don't know, along with some big sweepers, there are a lot of tight corners and the 12r handles them all very very well. :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
The 12 does a hell of a job on fast tracks like Road America. And nobody in my area has taken me in the twisties. Of course, I can ride the twisties even faster on my buddy's 6R, but for a 500+ pound bike we don't have to hang our heads.

·
4,208 Posts
amen mono....

·
Registered
690 Posts
twisties

I rail in the twisties on my 12.It's a bit different than on a 600 or something like that,but if I've got fresh tires,I'll stay with any street rider.Once my tires start wearin',though,I become less and less confident.
Just put fresh 010's and rotors/pads on,gotta do some railin' today. :D As far as straight line power,you all know by now he he :twisted:

Jeff

G

·
0 Posts
The 12 is no 600. But it by no means is a slouch in the handling dept. Long live the DOUZE! (12)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Im really enjoying the twisties on my new 02 12,even with the 200 rear tire. Im just having a hard time dialing in the suspension. All the posts about settings talk about the number of "clicks"......mine dosent click !

·
Registered
759 Posts
Being that I am a DragRacer, I am rusty in the twisties!!!...On the street depending on your skill level, you cant touch the 12, but you gotta have BIG BALLS!!!

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
I look at it this way.....5 to 8 years ago, the mighty ZX12R would have been concidered a Super Bike. Now they claim it's over wieght. Some reports say ya can't even change lines mid corner.....wanna watch me????
Some consumers actualy ride on the street and need a multi purpose bike that is not just track prone.....welcome the ZX12R. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts