Kawasaki World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a local road race track on Monday, Shannonville here in Ontario. Went with one of my sponsors to do a couple laps I managed to drag footpegs on both sides can you say wow. For a drag race guy i was pretty happy with that even touched my knee once heehee. Will have to go again and take a camera this time I think that would be a great pic for the site footpeg touching the ground on a such a heavy bike. Anyway just thought I would share it with you guys, also made the little rubber ball things on the edges of the tires way cool.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Was that stock height or drag racing lowered? I guessing that you wouldn't get away with running it lowered on a road racing track.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was there on sunday

I was at Shannonville racetrac on sunday.We rented the racetrac for the
afternoon.If you dragged yours pegs well let me just say one thing to you
Bravo Bravo Bravo.........
too bad you weren't there on sunday may be you could have show the others guys how a 12 rocks.Because there was some quite fast bikes on the trac.My best friend with is ZX-9R 2000 was one of them.But believe it or not the fastest guy was riding a YAMAHA RZ-350. héhéhéhéhéhé
couldn't believe how fast he was going by me in the turns
I tried to make them touch the ground for 4 hours and no success.
I don't think you were lowered because mine was lowered for a week so
my girlfriend could try it and I scratched the lower fairing on the right side
in an highway exit and the foot peg didn't even touch.
One thing I found that day.Our 12 are heavy bikes to rock from one side to the other on a racetrac.Then again the 12 is not design for the trac but
but it did impress some guy to see how fast ours bike accelerate.
I will try to post some pics tonight at home.
And my tires were toasts by the end of the day. :D :D :D

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No training wheels but it did get a little loose on the edge a couple times.
I think Mcbride cycle is having a day in Oct we should go, when the prg touches it feels like the end I thought this is not good the first time. After a couple more grinds on the pegs it wasn't so bad. It is stock not lowered with 17/48 it is my daily beater bike wheelies etc. Way to cool for such a heavy bike and that was only my second time at a track I went to Mosport last year very fast track but Shannonville is much more of a small bike track very technical with tight turns.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My hero, you've made my day :D I'm not afraid of getting over in a corner and have set my knee down many times. I however grind away plastic instead of getting the peg, even after raising the suspension way up. I've drug the ball of my foot on the peg but as hard as I try, I haven't been able to leave any trophy scratches on the peg :cry: It must be my fat ass loading the suspension too much :oops:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Angelo12R can scrape the pegs and even the plastics too!!!

I saw it with my own eyes...he had worn the plastics on the bodywork down from holding the 12R over up at Bear mountain.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Never looked at the plastics better check and see I don't remember hearing that scratching sound been there before crunch. Got to get a pic of her over I think there is another track day coming up woohoo, I'll see if I can get someone witha digital camera to come that would be way cool. My suspension is at stock and all settings are three clicks back from hard, I am 200 lbs probably 215 in leathers and all. I think if the wing hits its over too far ,..........ouch.

·
Registered
690 Posts
scraping

I've never heard mine scraping either,but one day while cleaning the 12,I noticed they were almost worn right through!The 12 does pretty well for a "bigger" bike. I'm really pushin' my luck sometimes on the street ,though.Me and a bud are talking about a Pocono track club for next year. :D

Jeff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts