Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
King, what size drill bit are you using to tap the airbox for the NOS nozzle?

thanks

</p>

·
Registered
83 Posts
TTT.. I'm not to familiar with drilling and tapping for NOS, does anyone know the size of the drill bit? I would hate to drill a hole too large and have to plug it.

Marc

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you use 1/4" bit, you'll be able to tap the hole for the nozzle as deep or as shallow as you want. Just remember, the deeper you run the tap, the deeper the nozzle will seat. Don't run the tap all the way through or that's where the nozzle will end up!! Teflon tape is highly recommended as well.

My 2 cents worth. (not trying to steal your thunder King)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
IslandRider said:
If you use 1/4" bit, you'll be able to tap the hole for the nozzle as deep or as shallow as you want. Just remember, the deeper you run the tap, the deeper the nozzle will seat. Don't run the tap all the way through or that's where the nozzle will end up!! Teflon tape is highly recommended as well.

My 2 cents worth. (not trying to steal your thunder King)

Huh? I dont follow you. You have to drill and tap completely thru the frame to get the nozzle into the airbox. The nozzle will bottom out anyway where the threads stop..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey ZX,

Unlike normal taps that you run all the way through the hole and you get one size thread the entire way, the NOS nozzle and the 1/16X27tpi Pipe Thread tap you use are both tapered. If you hold them up next to each other they're a perfect match. Therefore, if you were to run the Pipe tap all the way through the hole you drilled in the the air box, you'll end up with the hole threaded to the biggest part of the tap and the nozzle will go all the way through the hole and not seat against the frame.

If you're not comfortable with the tapered tap, just go a little at a time checking the fit of the nozzle until you're happy with the fit and depth.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Actually you can tap it all the way through you want the nozzle deep in the frame and if you use a little lock tite it will stay put just fine the tapered nozzle from NOS gets very tight at the end even when it is totally tapped through.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts