Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some answers on a dyno jet quick shifter for my ZX 12 R here's a couple photos of the one I have we are having a nightmare of a time getting this connected any information advice pretty much anything anybody knows about this would be truly appreciated thank you all

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did I know would be you to answer these questions for me my friend you are truly amazing
I guess my
Question is I'm just curious how people are running these on his the X12RI hope it to R Power Commander 5 no problem we did not run this vertically up-and-down we read it horizontally along side of my already existing linkage it worked fine for a while but end up bending the rod I was just trying to find a video or photos or something of how people put this particular dyno jet quick shifter on their ZX12I haven't been all to find any info on it my brother's very good with mechanical stuff and he had it hooked up nice but I think we put it in the wrong location hence the reason I bent the shaft anyhow I'm just trying to find the most economical way to connect this to as he X12 are those wanting if anybody had done it enough to as any photos to look at I have 0 instructions

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did I know would be you to answer these questions for me my friend you are truly amazing
I guess my
Question is I'm just curious how people are running these on his the X12RI hope it to R Power Commander 5 no problem we did not run this vertically up-and-down we read it horizontally along side of my already existing linkage it worked fine for a while but end up bending the rod I was just trying to find a video or photos or something of how people put this particular dyno jet quick shifter on their ZX12I haven't been all to find any info on it my brother's very good with mechanical stuff and he had it hooked up nice but I think we put it in the wrong location hence the reason I bent the shaft anyhow I'm just trying to find the most economical way to connect this to as he X12 are those wanting if anybody had done it enough to as any photos to look at I have 0 instructions
I apologize about the run on sentences poor grammar punctuation I talk in text cannot type with my fingers my hands are arthritic my apologies

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm no expert but from what I've seen...

That rod with the switch replaces your existing linkage rod. Then you wire it back to a control box (could be a propriety contraption or a Power Commander). The control box is what is used to cut the ignition/power for the programed duration (milliseconds). I saw where someone just wired it into the kickstand wiring.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sorry Roger, I was out for a bit.

Ok, so the quick shifter replaces the linkage rod. Also, that particular quick shifter is directional. Meaning it will only push or pull, depending on the one you bought.

Look up the part number and tell me if it is a push or pull. I can show you how and which direction to mount it.

·
Registered
256 Posts
the web site has a specific rod for the bike Fits your Kawasaki ZX1200 Ninja ZX-12R 2000 Quick Shifter Shift Rod A
The shifter he has, is an all in one so he wouldn't need a rod. I don't think the shifter he has is even for a ZX-12R. It might work, not sure.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well it's just a rod with a switch, only variable is the length.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts