Kawasaki World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any definitive info on using E10 petrol in the ZX12.I always use super unleaded .Apparently loss of power is going to be an issue (aintthatasuprise) .Also heard of piston problems. Will the high compression engine at high revs be an issue. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Might need to richen the AFR. Probably make the same power if not a little kick in the torque.
would be more concerned that it will have less range on a tank of fuel. Once AFR is set 12.8 up top and 13 or so low and mid rev range the ethanol will resist detention.
E85 is a great cheap race gas. So E10 will be fine once tuned properly.

cmg

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
dont worry about it, keep the tank full to prevent condensation.

Reactions: GILBY

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Might need to richen the AFR. Probably make the same power if not a little kick in the torque.
would be more concerned that it will have less range on a tank of fuel. Once AFR is set 12.8 up top and 13 or so low and mid rev range the ethanol will resist detention.
E85 is a great cheap race gas. So E10 will be fine once tuned properly.

cmg
Thanks for the Tec Info dude.Will keep using super unleaded for now but nice to know E10 can have some positives.Ride Safe

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
I just sold one of my turbo 12s, but building another soon

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hello from Sweden..

I have ran my 2000 ZX12R thousands of kilometers on 95E10 this summer with out any issues...

/Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts