Kawasaki World banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about to get my "black mamba"(zx12) clutch repaired and the guy at the local shop here recommended ebc because they're not that expensive....does anyone have experience with these?

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
OEM seems the way to go....unless you like flushing money down the pooper.....

:potty:

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
If you are not drag racing it I am sure the EBC's will be fine. They may even be fine for racing, but most people are using OEM for that purpose. I had no problem with Vesrah parts back when I used to race my bike at stock wheelbase, but I have heard that they are not as good for racing, either.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
One of the few times the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacture) cannot be beat in the Aftermarket! The 400 to 700 HP Turbo Bikes that the Muzz Man, Velocity Racing and Bear Engineering all have used the STOCK Clutch Plates and MONEY was NO Object

·
Registered
805 Posts
One of the few times the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacture) cannot be beat in the Aftermarket! The 400 to 700 HP Turbo Bikes that the Muzz Man, Velocity Racing and Bear Engineering all have used the STOCK Clutch Plates and MONEY was NO Object
Well,there you have it folks!! OEM is the only way to go!!:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
+2 well said Vincent!! Brocks say OEM as well!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
440 Posts
I always seem to be the odd one out but heres my 2 cents worth lol. OEM is one way to go as everyone has said I agree but Cycle Concepts has an affordable clutch kit they call the drag pack alot of zx14 riders are using them. I made the misstake of putting a Barnett in my 12 opps never again So far Im realy happy this cc clutch they are made buy the same people in japan as the OEM stuff only to cc specs and at 200 bucks to my front door a good alternitive.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I always seem to be the odd one out but heres my 2 cents worth lol. OEM is one way to go as everyone has said I agree but Cycle Concepts has an affordable clutch kit they call the drag pack alot of zx14 riders are using them. I made the misstake of putting a Barnett in my 12 opps never again So far Im realy happy this cc clutch they are made buy the same people in japan as the OEM stuff only to cc specs and at 200 bucks to my front door a good alternitive.
I`ve been wanting to try one of those....Any difference in stack height with them or it all works out good????

·
Registered
440 Posts
I sent you a pm. But 4 everyone else the stack ht was dead on with no worries. Whats even better if you need a custom stack hight he will put it together for you.

·
Registered
473 Posts
i had a ebc clutch junk at the drag strip chattered bad. and on the street if you pull out on a hill it would chatter but on the flats it was fine the choice is yours i use oem fibers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts