Kawasaki World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALIEN HERE

QUESTION FOR ALL YOU TECHIES...

IS IT A BAD THING IF I CAN NOT BREAK APART THE CONNECTOR IN QUESTION??

I MANAGED TO GET APART THE SMALLER OF THE 2 CONNECTORS.. THAT WAS FINE OTHER THEN SOME ROAD GRIM (ALL CLEANED UP NOW)

BUT THE BIGGER ONE OF THE 2 I WOULD IMAGINE THE ONE IN QUESTION I CAN NOT BREAK IT APART?? ANY SUGGESTIONS.. I LOOKED AT THE SURROUNDING WIRES AND I DID NOT SEE ANY OIL PRODUCT... JUST AGAIN SOME ROAD GRIM..

ANY SUGGESTIONS..

ALIEN OUT

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Well, if you cant get it apart then you probably dont have any oil in it ....lol.. I actually had my apart today while cleaning my K&N filters just to see what was in there and to my surprise....ALOT of oil, I had very little oil the last time I checked (about 2 months ago) and now there was probably a teaspoon. I took some pics before I cleaned it out just to have in case something should ever happen.
But as far as you getting the plug apart, if you didnt see any oil on the part where the wires actually go in the plug housing I wouldnt really worry about it. I had oil dripping from the outside of mine thats why I took it apart..

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've seen guys post the outside of the connector was spotless and the inside was full of oil, I would definitely still try to get it apart. make sure you are releasing the latch while pulling it apart, I had a bitch of a time doing it. :evil:

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Calling Alien....do yourself and the bike a favor..get the plug apart. Just for the hell of it, take a wiff of the conector..any burnt smell?? Reason being, if there is already an electrical problem like a short or burnt wires, then it would definately aid in sticking the connector together. After my wires completely burnt up, I tried getting the plug apart and I couldn't until I really put the boots to it.
Spray some sort of silicon lube on the connector, Tried to avoid WD 40 or other oily lubes. After you let it sit for a few with the lube, try gently squeezing the plug with pliers. That might break something free.
Good luck...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts