Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope to get the ZX12 just in time for a nice NH late fall / winter.

I need to run electric clothing and grips, as most miles will be on my 250 mile roundtrip commute to Boston.

Question 1: how much spare juice does the bike produce around 60 - 90 mph? I will be running a full Gerbings suit and gloves (about 180 watt), a Valentine One (not too much juice), and maybe heated grips (about 30w). Most of this is through an electronic controller, which typically doesn't draw the full rated output unless turned up to max.

Question 2: On my Concours, I have fitted a fused distribution plate for all accessories. This is run via a relay from a hot wire (the famous blue wire) in the Junction Box, and is connected directly to the battery. The idea is that the box is only live once the motor is running, and also that there is not a rat's nest of wiring hanging off the battery.
Is there such a wire or input on the ZX12?

Question 3: I am sure I will work this out once I get the bike, but does anybody have any good ideas about where to mount permanent controllers for the bars and clothing (I currently use Heatrollers in the Conc). Also what are folks using for accessory output plugs, the BMW / John Deere type?
Main idea is to avoid using fairing panels that need to be removed for servicing if at all possible, but where stuff is still easily accessible.

Q4: Where and how are folks mounting their radar detectors?

I realize that most riders on this list may think I am about to build the world's fastest and most uncomfortable Wang, but that is what I want... :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
210 watts is about 17 amps. shouldn't be much of a problem considering the cycling usage from your heated clothing.

The shop manual does not state the power output of the alternator, anyone??

Don't know about the other stuff but where there is a will, there is a way.

NOS Rob

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Q4: I have the above mentioned m-stand, passport 8500 and the radar screamer. It is an awesome set up. The radar screamer is definantely worth it. I have to slightly look down to see rt turn signal indicator and neutral light

1 - 5 of 5 Posts