Kawasaki World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's what happend today.

Sat at some lights waiting to go, these 2 lads in some BMW car pull at side of me, lights turn to green, they wheel spin off, I think, see you later boys - let rip in first gear, little wheely - away I go.

Then realised that I was approaching a car in front (I am still in first gear going quite fast and couldnt change lane) so instead of changing up I just shut off throttle and braked.

Following that, this happened :-

My tickover went from say 1000rpm normal to 2000rpm and bike felt sluggish. I stopped at supermarket, turned engine off. Tried to turn it back on and the starter was sort turning over as though I had a flat battery (never done this before) then eventually fired (only just) and sort of heard a boom, similar to if you put petrol intop a 45 gallon steel drum with no lid and throw a match in. Got home and the clutch casing seemed to be hotter than the actual engine, I could hardly touch it. tried to turn it over and starter would not turn and dash just went out, IE as though I had turned bike off.

I left it about 20 mins and teh clucth casing still felt quite warm, but the bike would turn over sluggish like it did at the supermarket, I think that something has happend around the clutch area and was getting ready to seize up thats why the starter couldnt turn the engine, when cooled down it could.

Anyone else had this?

Jason

·
Registered
840 Posts
Not had that happen myself , by the sounds of it you should get the clutch cover off and start investigating.

If your heavy with your clutch they have been known to die fairly quickly

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
start taking stuff apart
post pics

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decided to book the bike into a bike garage to let them look at it. My bike lives in my dining room at home and I have no garage, I cant do this outside with all the rain and I cant do tihs inside the house.

I am going to shove it on the back of a pickup, although it starts I would rather spend £100 for a garage to look at it and say its ok than me ride it and the engine goes.

If this was my Thunderace then I have a spare engine so that would of been ok-ish

I'll keep you posted as to what they find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts